LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 periodically goes into 'safety mode', while just driving around (not WOT). I've reviewed the possible fixes here and with dealer. Codes show TB issue and I've replaced TB, throttle assembly, checked resistance, etc.. It has a magnacharger, headers, etc.. and was re-tuned as well. Getting tired of disconnecting the battery cable and waiting for reset every few days.. Can parameters be set that will keep it from going into safety mode or just disable it? If so, how would that be done? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
You sure this isn't the pedal sensor issue that affect the first half of the '05's built? That would be a P2138 pedal position sensor code... what is the actual code you're getting?

Search on "safety mode" for some possible threads... there is at least one regarding a TB problem...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got codes P2135 and P2138. I have replaced the throttle pedal position sensor as well as the entire throttle body. The car runs fine, then just goes into SM for no apparent reason. If there are any programmable parameter values that could be extended / modified to keep this from happening, or any way to disable it altogether, I'd like to do it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Phoenix05 said:
I got codes P2135 and P2138. I have replaced the throttle pedal position sensor as well as the entire throttle body. The car runs fine, then just goes into SM for no apparent reason. If there are any programmable parameter values that could be extended / modified to keep this from happening, or any way to disable it altogether, I'd like to do it.
After reading the the DTC testing procedures for those codes I think I would take it back to the dealer and make them figure it out. Both of those codes will throw you into Safe Mode and it seems strange that you replaced both components and they still come up. I would be looking at the ECM or wiring harness if you already replaced both TB and TP.

·
1 of 417
107 Posts
Phoenix05 said:
if it's a M6..

do you rest your foot on the clutch pedal while driving? (when you're not shifting)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an auto. Since it's not stock, the dealer won't help - I'm on my own... thanks to all for the feedback so far... I've looked through the threads and can't find anything beyond what I've done... I was hoping there might be a programming adjustment (with HP Tuner or similar) to adjust calibration. Don't know if that's possible though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Go see a different dealer. This is clearly a warranty issue based on those codes. Remember the dealer has to prove your mods caused the problem. They cant just void your warranty because the car isn't stock at least thats what my service manager has told me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts