LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the front k-member dropped and can't remember what the orientation is of the shields that sit on top of the engine mount bushings is suppose to be.

If you look down at the engine mounts you will see a thin piece of sheet metal that sits between the mount and the cross member bushing. One side of it has a overhang with a 45* bend in it. What direction does that overhang point? I think it was towards the motor but not 100% sure.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
If I'm understanding you correctly, the 45 degree bend is pointing down towards the front left tire. This is the one I saw on the drivers side.
Hope this helps. :)

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
look at the bottom of your motor mount bracket. if you look at that it has holes for the tabs.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muff Daddy said:
look at the bottom of your motor mount bracket. if you look at that it has holes for the tabs.
I need to take another look. I did notice some holes in the cover and matching holes on the top of the bushing (but I had also loosened the bushings from the k-member and they would spin to two different positions). I temporarily put it back together for now and moved onto some other stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts