LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the gas tank filler neck be replaced or is it a permanent part of the gas tank itself? If it can be separated from the tank, can this be done with the tank still in the car?

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
79 Posts
I see used ones for sale. Worst case you'll buy a used one and get a large fuel hose from a parts store to splice in I guess.

·
Worthless reject member
40,771 Posts
it's easier if you unhook the tank from the straps and the lines underneath, unbolt the filler neck from the quarter panel and slide everything forward. then you have that rubber sheath that's around it... i think you can get the actual hose new, it's just a standard replacement filler neck hose. As far as the stainless steel part, like 2006GTOCGM said, there's a ton of used ones for sale.

·
GR-RRR!
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
But again, my question is, is the filler neck permanently attached to the tank (soldered or welded) or is it connected via an o-ring or a short bit of rubber hose?

The problem with the one I have is that the little metal flapper door in the hole where the gas nozzle goes is bent out of the way or broken off. It isn't there to flap closed. Not a huge deal, I'd just rather have it working as it should. Don't see any way to repair the one I have so I was wondering if the filler neck can be replaced as an assembly.

·
It's only cosmetic...
485 Posts
PM sent.

It is a hose between the tank and the part mounted to the body.

·
GR-RRR!
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, then it could be swapped out. It would just be a bit fat PITA to change this part and considering the small reason I'd want to change it, it may be more work than it is worth. But I might just buy a spare and keep it around for the time in the future I may want to or need to pull the tank (fuel pump repair or replacement, etc.).

·
THORS HAMMER!!!
1,466 Posts
Rich,
All the parts can be individually replaced. They use the crimp style clamps to hold the hoses on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts