LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the new GTO, does a skip-shift work from the old f-body? If so, anyone intersted in buying mine? I bought one for my car 3 years ago and it has sat in my console since then. I could never find a time when my car wasn't too hot to install it without losing skin. Let me know, i will sell it cheap.. :thumbs:

·
DOG
626 Posts
What funny is my wife hates CAGS. I don't ever even notice it because I'm moving quicker then she is out of first :) I'll probably still get a CAGS eliminator but frankly it doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would because it isn't in my way.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going to try and install a skip shift eliminator this weekend.

I will post a few pictures once I have the car up on the lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you take the CAGS eliminator off before you take the car to a GM shop for service?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Depends on how anal the dealership's service department is about modifications.

If you removed every mod you do to the car before taking it in for service, you could end up spending half a day doing it. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Used a skip shift eliminator I had laying around for a late model Camaro.

The skip shift eliminator is shown hanging down. I tied it to the trans with a cable tie.

The skip shift selenoid is the one closest to the front of the car.

·
3,327 Posts
Steve T said:
Used a skip shift eliminator I had laying around for a late model Camaro.

The skip shift eliminator is shown hanging down. I tied it to the trans with a cable tie.

The skip shift selenoid is the one closest to the front of the car.
Really nothing to do with this thread, but Damn Steve T, you have some Vehicles! I drive through Dallas every once in a while, I would love to see the collection. Maybe during my GTO drive to Florida in the spring?

Warren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts