LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BFG Tire Burner
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it's okay that I post this here, I can't think of anywhere else to post about a drift-prepared GTO.

We've been working hard on our drift GTOs, and finally got to the track with one yesterday to do a few tests.

We're obviously inspired by the RMR drift GTO, and though we don't have GTOs in Canada, and parts really hard to find, our lead mechanic Seth is really making these things into killer drift machines.

We have Kooks 1 7/8 headers on this car, running wide open with no exhaust system at the moment, and it sounds absolutely amazing... and really loud! The computers were tuned by a GM guru, and the rev limiter has been raised to around 7500rpm. No dyno numbers yet, but it has more torque than we ever expected. We're running 255/35ZR18s on the rear on 18"x10" ROH wheels we got from Group A Wheels at the last minute because our wheel sponsor fell through at the last minute. Group A Wheels had these things machined to our offset needs really quick and they give the car a really mean stance.

A few pics from yesterday:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
nice, some up close pics stopped would be cool.

Jason

·
BFG Tire Burner
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics from the first event in Quebec City 2 weekends ago.

The #5 car is driven by Tania Bourbonnais. She qualified pretty high and got eliminated in the first round, but she did an amazing job considering her lack of seat time and the fact that it was her first time in tandem competition!

The #23 car was sidelined due to a broken diff, but Kaaz is in now and is ready for the next event. The pic of the car with no bumper is me driving it during a practice session with the stock diff before it ate itself.

Ryan

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
Awesome!! Are there any other tracks you'll be running at? Tremblent? Shannonville? Mosport? Trois Rivieres?

·
Low on gas
2,573 Posts
Bad ASS!

·
BFG Tire Burner
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

We've come a long way in this short season as a team and myself as a driver. I'm learning a lot and loving the GTO more and more.

We need a decent set of coilovers for next season. The Koni shocks and Eibach springs aren't cutting it anymore. That and 300rwhp isn't enough. Yes the stock steering angle is good, but we want more!! I'm sure Rhys came up with something pretty slick for the RMR GTO, oh to have some parts from that car!

I managed a 4th place in Toronto (we were at Downsview Park, an ex-military airport near downtown), the track was fast (70 mph entry speeds) and technical as well.

Here are a few pics:

Ryan

·
Yes, that's my real name...
4,201 Posts
wait. you aren't going to comment on how this is dangerous and it's teaching kids to do this on the street? i'm shocked :bootyshak
Right place right time.:bootyshak

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
ouch. (not referring to anything bannable)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts