LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting these on my GTO. I am using 18x9 in the back and 18x8 up front for wheels. Tires are 275/35/18 and 245/40/18

Looking at Dunlop SP9000 and Falken FK451

Important aspects to me are;

Quiet
Great in the wet
Above average on dry
Longer life with no increase in noise level

which do you think would be superior? I would also like them to look tough but that's a very distant 5th in importance. I'm leaning towards the Dunlops.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Tuff call man. I'm not familiar with those Falkens and the Dunlops i have heard are good. Did you call Tirerack or Discount Tire Direct about that ?? From my limited knowledge i can't help, sorry.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam4356 said:
Tuff call man. I'm not familiar with those Falkens and the Dunlops i have heard are good. Did you call Tirerack or Discount Tire Direct about that ?? From my limited knowledge i can't help, sorry.
I did call each place but Tire Rack doesn't carry Falken and Discount Tire is out of the Dunlop in my size so I don't have much of a choice there. I just want an honest opinion from people familiar with either tire. From what I can tell they are nearly evenly rated from the user reports I've found.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I'm running Falken Ziex-512 now and they are great. Feel just as good as the BFG KDWS i had before. Never ran a Dunlop but my dads got em on his Bonny SSEi (i think 9000's too) and no problems that i know of.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Falken 512s Are Good

HAVE PUT MANY SETS ON T/A'S AND THE FALKEN TIRE DOES VERY WELL.
VERY REASONABLE AS WELL. i THINK THE KDW ON MAX PERFORMANCE STREET IS PROBABLY THE BEST TIRE FOR ALL AROUND. BUT IT ALSO COSTS A LOT MORE THAN THE OTHERS

DMS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts