LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to buy an SLP Loudmouth 2 exhaust for my 06 Pontiac GTO and can't find any online for sale. Did they stop making them? Where do I buy one?

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
You didn’t get a reply because apparently no one knows. As above, call them to find out as the LM2 isn’t even shown on their website anymore. They’ve even discontinued their headers.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ida gave you one a few weeks ago. I cut that garbage up with a plasma cutter and put it where it belongs...in the trash. Its the worst exhaust system i've ever owned and i didnt bother trying to sell it because I have a conscience. it sounds like ass, flows like shit, fits like shit and its made from aluminized pipe. It rubbed on my rear guibo on my drive shaft. If you saw how the "mufflers" are made......they are not conducive for flow. My advice, skip that junk and get a borla or a corsa. O and it droned so bad, I hated driving the car.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Reactions: Westphal

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
True. I did have to extend the IAT wires, so that’s definitely not a “bolt-on”.

All kidding aside, yeah, it’s definitely not a bolt-on...

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Ha, yeah. Guess pinning the crank, changing the valley pan, cutting holes for coolant hoses, mounting an intercooler pump, electrical wiring and few other things don’t help my cause either.

·
GR-RRR!
5,651 Posts
Would you consider a OTRCAI a bolt on? For many of those you have to cut things, redo wiring and other bits and pieces. Just sayin'. I'd consider a Maggie the ultimate bolt on. Heck, I went deeper into the engine to install my 1.8 rockers that you have to to install a blower. Not saying it was more work, just that I was actually into the mechanics of the engine itself doing rockers which you certainly don't have to do to install a blower. Depends on how you want to define the term I guess.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Well, at the end of the day, isn’t nearly everything a “bolt-on” outside or pulling the motor and rebuilding it?

Shit, doing heads/cam is less work than installing a TVS on an 04.

·
GR-RRR!
5,651 Posts
Pardon me if I don't feel sorry for you for working for a week or so to drop 125 more HP into your car. ;) (he said with jealous intent)

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
:cautious:

I’m still working on it.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Tuning primarily; yes, but seems every time I take it out for a drive I find something else I need to adjust.

Lets just say a ball-peen hammer has gotten to be quite friendly with the underhood bracing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts