LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,356 Posts
Would you consider a OTRCAI a bolt on? For many of those you have to cut things, redo wiring and other bits and pieces. Just sayin'. I'd consider a Maggie the ultimate bolt on. Heck, I went deeper into the engine to install my 1.8 rockers that you have to to install a blower. Not saying it was more work, just that I was actually into the mechanics of the engine itself doing rockers which you certainly don't have to do to install a blower. Depends on how you want to define the term I guess.
i think the term applies to anything that isn't forced induction, nitrous, or anything that doesn't require work to the inside of the motor, top end included.

And that is really something that, iirc, is a very group-focused definition. "bolt-on" to one group of enthusiasts may not have the same meaning to another. i've heard the term applied to cams, heads, superchargers, etc, because they are basically involved parts swaps.

i think the first definition really makes it a "level" to modification. so if you lose you can say "well i just had bolt-ons, lulz, you had all dat modawerk" or if you win against something that has had more modifications done you can be like "lulz i onleh haz bolt-ons."

21 - 22 of 22 Posts