LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is there anything that can auto locksmith can do in this matter?
yes. Thats how i got into my car. On this car they use a little air bladder. Slip it in between the window frame and body and blow it up with air. Then they insert a long rod with a hook to pull up on the lock.

watch them tho, the last time they bent the top of my door frame...

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Then you start dripping water from the door seal whenever it rains.

Smurf.
yep and hearing wind noise at speed. Was gonna do a claim...but decided to try to fix it. Had a buddy hold the bottom of the door from the inside.I pushed the top of the door frame the outside. it was surprisingly easy to bend it back into shape. 2 or 3 pushes and the door is right back to sealing like it should.

·
1 of 40,757
6,399 Posts
So anyone repaired their inoperable door lock?
Mine does not turn and I'm not breaking off the key.

It sounds like I have a loose window guide mount so while I'm in there I want to take care of both issues.
Probably obvious.

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
Take apart the clamshell for the door handle assembly, then clean the smurf out the lock cylinder assembly and use lots of graphite lube. That would be my best guess.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So anyone repaired their inoperable door lock?
Mine does not turn and I'm not breaking off the key.

It sounds like I have a loose window guide mount so while I'm in there I want to take care of both issues.
Probably obvious.
get some graphite and put it on your key and work it in the lock. Mine was super sticky and now it's smooth as butter.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts