LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special Introductory Offer!!!!

Being a new Sponsor to LS-1GTO.com, we would like to say welcome with a special Introductory offer on our LS-1 Vortech Supercharger kits we have available to suit the GTO Coupe 5.7L

- CAPA Vortech kit 4.5psi kit $3,595.oo USD 460HP @ engine

- CAPA Vortech kit 6.0psi kit $3,995.oo USD 485HP @ engine



- CAPA Vortech kit 6.0psi kit Including
Air-Air FMIC Intercooler kit $4,995.oo USD 536HP @ engine




These are kits that we have had developed now for some time now, and work really well, kits include Pre-programmed PCM, Larger Injectors etc.. Only other modifications you need to do is a good exhaust system.. Kits uses the V2 SQ Supercharger unit..

If we can get 10 confirmed orders for any of the above kits, we may even be able to free freight them into the USA...

This offer will stand for the next 30days...

Feel free to PM me or CAPA if you have any questions..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Damn YOU!!!!

I need a roof and you offer this!

Note to self: Priorities....
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
CAPA,

Do you know or recommend companies in the US that can install this? How much does typical installation cost? I was going to wait until my 72mos/50K warranty runs out to supercharge my goat but I may just do this to coincide with the time when the first 05's come out.

I want the 485 hp version.

:hail:
 

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
desertgoat said:
CAPA,

Do you know or recommend companies in the US that can install this? How much does typical installation cost? I was going to wait until my 72mos/50K warranty runs out to supercharge my goat but I may just do this to coincide with the time when the first 05's come out.

I want the 485 hp version.

:hail:
Any reputable Performance Tuning shop should be able to fit this system, as it comes with full instruction manual etc.. Once fitted dyno to ensure power made and kit is all running well... :cool:
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
So what you're saying CAPA is that we can get a S/C kit capable of giving us an additional 186HP at the engine? For $5k? Damn.

Are these things legal emissions wise in the US? I'm sure they aren't for Cali but, for everyone else?
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
Bought my 04 goat for 30K. So if them 05's retail for 35K, I can get an additional 186 hp for the price difference.

Stupid 'ole me just bought a GMPP extended warranty. I am sure that goes out the window after I install these things LEGALLY in Arizona.
 

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phobos512 said:
So what you're saying CAPA is that we can get a S/C kit capable of giving us an additional 186HP at the engine? For $5k? Damn.

Are these things legal emissions wise in the US? I'm sure they aren't for Cali but, for everyone else?
They are emissions legal here in Australia, but as for the USA and California, no the testing hasn't been done....
 

·
Admin
Joined
·
9,705 Posts
A few quick questions...

The bracket and belt setup is all CAPA right? It looks like its a cog style bet setup.

Is there a headunit upgrade for those that might want to go above 6psi? I am not the best with the Vortech Trim levels but I believe it'd be a T-trim. If you can squeeze a YSi I'd like that ;)
 

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DevilYellow: Yes that is our own bracket and supercharger pulley design.. We had developed this system back in early 2000 when the LS-1 was first released here..

As far as the unit goes for upgrading, you can still utilise the V-2 unit up to around the 9psi boost mark.. Check out the kits available on our website: CAPA Website

cjlannoy: We offer 12months unlimited km warranty on the kit itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
CAPA Performance said:
DevilYellow: Yes that is our own bracket and supercharger pulley design.. We had developed this system back in early 2000 when the LS-1 was first released here..

As far as the unit goes for upgrading, you can still utilise the V-2 unit up to around the 9psi boost mark.. Check out the kits available on our website: CAPA Website

cjlannoy: We offer 12months unlimited km warranty on the kit itself.
what kind of exhaust upgrade would we need, what would happen with the stock exhaust? Thanks.
 

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would recommend using a good set of 'Headers' or Extractors and twin 2.5" exhaust system... Any thing better than std basically. We do a complete system for the LHD GTO...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
CAPA Performance said:
Time is running out... SALE ENDS very soon!!!!!
are these ready to ship? i know we were interested but we thought it was a group buy and hence we were waiting to see if you were going to get the # needed to do the buy
 

·
Go Tigers!
Joined
·
2,455 Posts
desertgoat said:
Stupid 'ole me just bought a GMPP extended warranty. I am sure that goes out the window after I install these things LEGALLY in Arizona.
DG, I think you can sell that warranty back can't you? If so that can be
part of your supercharger fund. :bubbrub
 

·
WOT's Up Doc?
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Is this something a rookie like me could install?

I'm new to engines but I have been a machinery mechanic for years.

Just how good are the instructions, and is the package complete.

Also, cjlannoy asked what would happen if you stayed with the stock exhaust. I would like to know that answer as well.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
Blitzu said:
It usually comes down to my old saying that is if you are not ready to spend the money to play than don't play at all... or do it right or don't do it at all.

I believe this falls under that category. :D
agreed. save your money and do it right the first time.
 

·
GTO / LS-1 Specialists
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JoeyCrack: The kits will be available as soon as we have confirmed the amount of people wanting the systems... (Everything is in stock, just needs to be packaged)
Group buy or not we can still send them to the people wanting the systems... ;)

illuvial: PM me your email address and i can email you the installation manual.. We have many people here in Australia buy the kits, fit them themselves, then get to a dyno facility to ensure mixtures/power etc are all acceptable. The kit we supply comes with everything needed for the installation, including pre-programmed PCM module..
Blitzu pretty much summed it up in regards to the exhaust.. At a minimum i would look at a system from the catalytic convertors back.. As they do need a good exhaust..

Let me know guys.. all interested people i shall post up on a list so we can all keep an eye on the list of people possibly getting the system.... Then show the definates from there.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
CAPA Performance said:
JoeyCrack: The kits will be available as soon as we have confirmed the amount of people wanting the systems... (Everything is in stock, just needs to be packaged)
Group buy or not we can still send them to the people wanting the systems... ;)

Let me know guys.. all interested people i shall post up on a list so we can all keep an eye on the list of people possibly getting the system.... Then show the definates from there.... :)
question remains with our without 10 people are we paying the price shown or not
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top