LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get this started. Figured it was a good idea since I started with a GTO and moved on to a G8 and then SS. The GTO scene has pretty much died in the DMV area so adding in a more inclusive group might help revive some things.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/812534382229668/

In it's very infancy.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Thanks for trying to revive the scene here in the DMV! I'm unable to get on facebook here at work, but will check it out when I leave.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it is very new and I need to get a graphic made for the page as well. Real intent is to just have a common page for folks to post meets. There are already a few people who take the time to get folks together so I don't want to jump on their toes, just provide a common group page.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
So what I've found is that getting people together seems to be challenge around here. Theirs a guy with a GTO that lives just down the street from me I've talked to a couple times and invited over to the garage, but he never shows up. Hell, I have a neighbor that lives about 5 houses down from me with a ZL1 camaro that I can't even get to stop by.

Maybe it's me? LOL

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you shower?

I think the GTO scene has died down too much for group meets specific to that car...at least in this area. At this point the GTO has had multiple owners and the initial pride has been replaced by owners who are just looking for a cheap V8.

For the SS on the other hand the pride is fresh and new. Just had a meet last week that had a pretty good showing in Bowie, Md.

At this point I think some success could be had combining GTO, G8, and SS owners.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Shower? Only on the second Saturday of every week. :)

Man, if I would have known about that meet, I would have been there!

Yes, that could work. They're all Holden's underneath. :)

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Just sent a request to join.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Approved. Remember it is a brand new site so post up if you are aware of any cruises/meets.

We will get some planned here shortly as well.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know right

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,135 Posts
Already joined, just tell me if it's a Monaro or Commodore day.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Already joined, just tell me if it's a Monaro or Commodore day.
I was going to be smart and ask "why, do you have one of each?", then I looked at your sig. :aus_flag:

I have a Red 03 Grand Pricks GT myself I use for my daily. It's all stock. However, I have noticed the trans is starting to act up. I think the P/O used to tow something with it as it has a hitch. Do you know much about these?

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just posted up all my Commodore ownership's....I'm apparently a man with a problem. lol

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Getting a good group, please keep spreading the word.

Where was the meet with 40+?

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, got those guys signing up as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts