LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a guy come up to me at the gym today and saw my CCGTO polo shirt. Said he knows of the club from Carlisle. Asked me if I still had the car since Pontiac and Holden went tits up. I told him HELL YEAH. Told him about all the mods I did and showed him a video of the car running. He asked me where it was and I told him what happened with my stroke. Also told him I moved here a year and a half ago and that I should get my license back this month here in Myrtle Beach. So who else has a similar experience?

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,009 Posts
Only Capital City anything left these days is the Commodore club on Facebook and the SSForums. SS owners are not like GTO owners, new or old.

Holden fun is dead in the DC area.

·
Underway
718 Posts
we had a few Capital City Commodores guys show up at a meet a few weeks back. maybe 6 cars on short notice. they are planning a meet soon at National Harbor.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,090 Posts
SS owners are not like GTO owners, new or old.
I've heard the majority of them practice in Corvette snobbery.

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
majority of them practice in Corvette snobbery.
I've been told, it comes with the price of admission ..... or was that because the majority of Vette owners are old enough to collect a monthly check from SS?

Hmmmm, forgetfulness is one of the 1st signs of senility ..... or so I've been told ... I can't recall.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been told, it comes with the price of admission ..... or was that because the majority of Vette owners are old enough to collect a monthly check from SS?

Hmmmm, forgetfulness is one of the 1st signs of senility ..... or so I've been told ... I can't recall.
Lol....well....as an update. I got my paperwork signed from the doctor. I am going upto Virginia in March to go to tje DMV there and turn it in clearing the way for me to apply down here in South Carolina. That's the first step. Next comes retaking the written test. I have already taken a practice exam and surprisingly enough I did good. I really believe I will not have an issue getting it back. Keeping the car is WHOLE nuther story. Still haven't decided what I am gonna do. My main concern is that my daughter has offered to buy the cat from me and I DON'T want to do that. She is only 21 and doesn't need such a powerful car to get around in.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,009 Posts
Pretty much.

Don't you know, it's a 4 door 'Vette, just put the crossed flags on the trunk...

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Lol....well....as an update. I got my paperwork signed from the doctor. I am going upto Virginia in March to go to tje DMV there and turn it in clearing the way for me to apply down here in South Carolina. That's the first step. Next comes retaking the written test. I have already taken a practice exam and surprisingly enough I did good. I really believe I will not have an issue getting it back. Keeping the car is WHOLE nuther story. Still haven't decided what I am gonna do. My main concern is that my daughter has offered to buy the cat from me and I DON'T want to do that. She is only 21 and doesn't need such a powerful car to get around in.
Dan... glad to read your recovery and return to getting behind the wheel are both progressing according to plan. My son was 19 when I brought my GTO and I had a standing deal in place .... if he wanted to drive it, I was along for the ride. Eleven years later, nothing has changed. I trust his driving ability, but I don't want to find out the hard way that he became complacent and failed to control the power. I know your situation is different so I bid you good luck in sorting out that issue with your daughter ....

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan... glad to read your recovery and return to getting behind the wheel are both progressing according to plan. My son was 19 when I brought my GTO and I had a standing deal in place .... if he wanted to drive it, I was along for the ride. Eleven years later, nothing has changed. I trust his driving ability, but I don't want to find out the hard way that he became complacent and failed to control the power. I know your situation is different so I bid you good luck in sorting out that issue with your daughter ....
Thanks Red.....

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

Flashback 2004 ... its a 4 seat Vette.
Damnit.

But guuuuys! :gr_jest:

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,090 Posts
Pulled it on the grass in the snow? That thing is going to rot away by summer.

You should have stuck to the strict regiment of rolling out a red carpet prior to your journey.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Don't be so grumpy. We would love to have you all out for the event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/336359793547413/

Saturday, April 28 at 9 AM - 1 PM

I would give the group a shot. Can't say I can relate to the snobbery comments. We have a pretty mixed group that includes younger guys out cruising all the time and some older folks who like to hit a few meets. Even have some guys and girls helping each other install various items. Very diverse group with something for everyone.

In fact, I started the group because I couldn't find anything like the camaraderie we all had with the GTO. I'm an OG here with the LS1GTO crowd.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well.....since I got my license to drive back I am chomping at the bit to get my car. But I am waiting until June when I finalize on my house here a the beach. Then I will bring the car down and put her back in the garage where she belongs. Found a beautiful house here in a nice remote location. Told the wife it is such a nice quiet area I am gonna feel bad about bringing down this monster....and walking around naked in my house...lol.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Sounds like a great time.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts