LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be storing my car in a garage all winter and would like advice on what car cover to buy and from where?

Would I experience any problems if I disconnect the battery from December to April?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i am planning on buying the GTO car cover from carmotorsports. it costs $199 + shipping and comes with 3 GTO badges. and if you order before november they are including a GTO key chain at no extra charge.

you can call them up and ask them all the questions you wish. they will literally spend hours with you until you are sure of what you want.
run a search and you will find nothing but praise from GTO owners who have worked with them. you can also find some pics of their car cover. im sure they will chime in and repeat (or correct) whatever i have said.
i plan to call them sometime this month and order my cover for the GTO while it is in storage.

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
GoingToOwnone said:
I will be storing my car in a garage all winter and would like advice on what car cover to buy and from where?

Would I experience any problems if I disconnect the battery from December to April?

I am storing mine for the winter in the garage as well, I bought a $50 car cover at Sam's Club, I really dont think you need anything too special since it will be in a garage anyways. My cover is pretty thick and says it protects from dings and such, so that is good. Might want to take the battery out and put it on a trickle charger. Also inflate the tires up pretty high to avoid flat spotting. Full tank of premium gas, and make sure you change the oil in the spring. I really dont think its too more complicated than that, At least I dont plan on doing anything else special to store the car.

We will see what other people think.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
GoingToOwnone said:

I highly recommend our LIFETIME warranted cover. Its a teflon coated material and repels dirt unlike the soft covers. Accordingly, it won't need to be washed nearly as often and dirt can simply be shaken off. I've gotten Bird Poop off it with only a slightly dampened shop towel. Plus, it comes with color matched GTO embroidery and is a CUSTOM pattern for the GTO. FINALLY, our cover has the industries ONLY strap system, which keeps the cover securely strapped to the car (this would have been a real plus to people in Florida dealing with the recent hurricanes).

Oh, one more thing about this cover is that you can actually, and rather easily, get it BACK INTO the storage bag. I've tried other covers and never could get the damn things back into their storage bags.

This is as good as a cover gets.

Alan

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
GoingToOwnone said:
Alan,

You talk about a strapping system and removal of Bird Poop. Is this an indoor or outdoor cover?
Its a Storm rated outdoor cover that offers the convenience, lighweight characteristics and usability of an indoor cover. That's another beauty of the cover.....you can use it for both and it functions equally as well in either circumstance. For once, and contrary to what's been told us through the years, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Alan

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Hmmmmm....

Alan,

I tried to go check out your car cover - I already have the great floor mats - but your web site doesn't seem to be working. I used the www.carmotorsports.com URL in your sig, but it's a no go.

Diggs

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Diggs said:
Alan,

I tried to go check out your car cover - I already have the great floor mats - but your web site doesn't seem to be working. I used the www.carmotorsports.com URL in your sig, but it's a no go.

Diggs
works fine for me. that spy ware add still pops up though. me no likes

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
works fine for me. that spy ware add still pops up though. me no likes
I'll have our internet host provider check into that. Can you set your browser to enable a pop up blocker? That's what I do on other sites.

Alan

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
OK now

Maybe it was just taking a break.

The pop-ups are not like "regular" pop-ups. They are more like system messages. My pop-up blocker doesn't stop them.

Diggs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts