LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good car cover. I don't have the liberty to store my car in a garage this winter, so I am looking for a good car cover for my gto this winter when I won't be driving it. Any help on this from you guys would be appreciated.

·
It's the acceleration!
12 Posts
We bought a Stormweave cover from California Car Cover in October 2005 to protect our car that sits in the driveway in SC. We get HOT, rain, dew, frost, freezing rain, bird droppings and maybe one snowfall per year. A little bit of everything and a lot of sun. This cover has been through it all and has kept our GTO looking like new. Great fit. But after saying all this I also have to say that we had to replace the original cover this month. The cover started to leak and was leaving a powdery dust on the car. Even a heavy dew overnight would get through and the car would be wet under the cover. I called CalCarCover. The customer service rep asked a couple of questions, stated this failure was UV damage to the fibers and had me cut out a small piece from the cover that had the ID label to send to them. 2 weeks later we had a brand new cover N/C. They said they would replace the cover up to three times during the original four year warranty at N/C. I'll know better whether this early failure was a fluke or not in a year or so. If it only holds up another year I will be disappointed but feel good that they stand behind the warranty. Don't know if this helps you or not.

·
Reads Fine Print
147 Posts
Most of my covers were made by Wolf, which has excellent build quality. The CalCarCovers I've seen also have excellent build quality. I was less impressed with Covercraft, which had more seams, more "loose" threads, and less resilient elastic. Both Wolf and Cal have great warranties.

As far as the material goes, I've had many years of good experience with Noah fabric. It is almost waterproof, allows the car to breathe, is excellent at blocking UV rays, and is pretty compact. Even if water does get through (usually during a hard or extended rain), even a black car dries almost spotless with the cover on it. More than once I've driven my car home after a rainstorm, sprayed it off with a hose (even these covers will scratch if the car is dirty), and then covered the wet car with a dry Noah cover to prevent spotting.

Before I used Noah, I had a few Evolution4/Block-It material covers. These are thicker and are great if your car is parked in a university or apartment lot (prevents dings). However, they deteriorate after a year or two and start leaving a powder on the car.

I've never had a garage for my cars, so that's all outside experience. The only negatives about Noah and Ev4/BlockIt...if there are cats anywhere around, they will flock to the car to sharpen their claws on the covers. However, a well placed shot from a Super Soaker CPS 2000 generally discourages this behavior. :gr_devil:

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
04goat350 said:
whats a good cover that will fit right with a dominant motors front lip?
You will have to call California car cover directly and tell them about the front lip and they will make you a custom cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts