LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my CAR Motorsports floormats less than two weeks ago and just got them. All I can say is WOW!

I talked to them on the phone at length and we came up with the combination that best suited my car. I have the black exterior with red interior and after discussing choices, this is what we came up with.

I noticed that the black on their mats was a little darker than the "black" on the interior carpetting so I got the charcoal instead. This is almost the exact color of the carpet. I also got the red embroidery to match the leather rather than the Torrid Red from the exterior. It's not quite as bright but it totally matches the interior color. This combination says, "Look how well I bring everything together," rather than screaming, "Look at me!"

The quality of the mats are truely excellent. Like some have stated, I'm almost afraid to put them in the car because I don't want them to get dirty. The entire experience in dealing with CAR Motorsports was outstanding. I highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks guys!

Dave
 

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
Joined
·
316 Posts
I also noticed that the black on their mats is a little darker than the stock carpet so I had them send me some carpet samples. And you're right, the charcoal is almost a perfect match. I haven't ordered mine yet, but I want to. Pics would be great so we can see how the charcoal looks in your car.
 

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get some pics out later. My car is blocked in the garage and its too dark to take a good shot in there. I just stopped by the house while working and saw the mats. Its killing me not to have time to try them out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,773 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
I'll get some pics out later. My car is blocked in the garage and its too dark to take a good shot in there. I just stopped by the house while working and saw the mats. Its killing me not to have time to try them out.
Hurry up with the pic's :gr_jest:
 

·
CARmotorsports.com
Joined
·
327 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
I'll get some pics out later. My car is blocked in the garage and its too dark to take a good shot in there. I just stopped by the house while working and saw the mats. Its killing me not to have time to try them out.
Well, you are in for another pleasant susprise when you see how well they fit. Pay particular attention to how the extension on the rear mats fits between the front seat tracks.

Thanks for the great comments. We are here to help, whatever your needs.

Alan
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
I tell you what these mats are so nice it makes you not want to use them. I finally started using mine and they are great.
 

·
CARmotorsports.com
Joined
·
327 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I tell you what these mats are so nice it makes you not want to use them. I finally started using mine and they are great.
This is exactly why we offer a complimenting product named Protecto Mat, the link is below. Protecto Mats are clear vinyl lifetime warranted protectors which provide see through capability of the GTO Embroidery. The pattern is identical to that used in making your Custom Embroidered GTO Floor Mats and Trunk Mats. I personally use them in all of my vehicles including my five show cars and when I get to the show I remove the Protecto Mats to reveal my "as new" floor mats.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/protect-a-mat.htm

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Their mats are GREAT!!!!!
My stock mats ripped up in no time. The plastic holder broke on the passenger side. :banghead:
 

·
CARmotorsports.com
Joined
·
327 Posts
Liquorice said:
Their mats are GREAT!!!!!
My stock mats ripped up in no time. The plastic holder broke on the passenger side. :banghead:
How do you like the Barbados Blue? Also, how do you like the Automatic Transmission, performance wise? Any runs at the track with those nice mods or any G-Tech results?

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Here's a picture of my mats in my Impulse blue/blue. I really need to take another picture because the flash was a little too strong. I'm quite happy with them, but I'm not sure how long the embroidery is going to stand up with daily usage. I know that CAR Motorsports sells the vinyl protectors, but I really don't want to go that route. If the mats get too abused looking, I'll either buy another set or put the stock mats back in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
does anyone know if you can get a set of the rubber mats which hold water/snow that filt the GTO? I'd like to get a set for the winter to keep the salt off of my interior.
 

·
Big Daddy Says
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
Tigger said:
Here's a picture of my mats in my Impulse blue/blue. I really need to take another picture because the flash was a little too strong. I'm quite happy with them, but I'm not sure how long the embroidery is going to stand up with daily usage. I know that CAR Motorsports sells the vinyl protectors, but I really don't want to go that route. If the mats get too abused looking, I'll either buy another set or put the stock mats back in.
where did you get the dead pedal there on the left? i need one!!!
 

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
Joined
·
316 Posts
Tigger said:
Here's a picture of my mats in my Impulse blue/blue. I really need to take another picture because the flash was a little too strong. I'm quite happy with them, but I'm not sure how long the embroidery is going to stand up with daily usage. I know that CAR Motorsports sells the vinyl protectors, but I really don't want to go that route. If the mats get too abused looking, I'll either buy another set or put the stock mats back in.
Nice pic, Tigger. Is the carpet on those black or did you get the charcoal? It looks like it matches really well. I think I need to break down and buy a set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
How do you like the Barbados Blue? Also, how do you like the Automatic Transmission, performance wise? Any runs at the track with those nice mods or any G-Tech results?

Rich
Just got a GTECH in the mail yesterday haven't hooked it up yet.

Did I dyno on a hot day (110) (116 in the garage) without the MAF screen removed like Magnuson says.
Results on the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
GTO4Ever said:
where did you get the dead pedal there on the left? i need one!!!
I bought it from another member on this board -- mlc. He made the bracket and sold it to me along with a metal backing plate, an accelerator pedal and the necessary nuts and bolts. I can't remember how much he charged me for it, but it was quite reasonable. PM him to find out if he's still making and selling them.
 

·
Big Daddy Says
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
Thanks Tigger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
Nice pic, Tigger. Is the carpet on those black or did you get the charcoal? It looks like it matches really well. I think I need to break down and buy a set.
When Jodie first posted pictures of her CAR Motorsports mats, I thought the black was too dark. I called them and they sent me a sample of both the black and the charcoal. I went with the charcoal because I think it is a much closer match. Other people like the contrast and prefer the black.
 

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
Joined
·
316 Posts
Tigger said:
When Jodie first posted pictures of her CAR Motorsports mats, I thought the black was too dark. I called them and they sent me a sample of both the black and the charcoal. I went with the charcoal because I think it is a much closer match. Other people like the contrast and prefer the black.
Thanks Tigger, those look awesome. I totally need a set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
Nice pic, Tigger. Is the carpet on those black or did you get the charcoal? It looks like it matches really well. I think I need to break down and buy a set.
I would like to know this, too. I have a IBM GTO also. What color combinations did you use exactly for ordering? Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Like I said earlier, the carpeting is charcoal. I don't remember the colors used for the embroidery or the trim. The guys at CAR Motorsports should be able to find my order to get the colors off of it if they don't know off the top of their head. Give them a call -- they'll treat you like a highly valued customer and help you pick the colors that will make you happiest.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top