LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 GTO Looking for a carbon fiber cowl hood preferably maverick man hood . Willing to drive anywhere in the state of California.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good luck! It sure would be nice if Maverick Man would make stuff for our cars again, and not take peoples money and string them along for a year+

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck! It sure would be nice if Maverick Man would make stuff for our cars again, and not take peoples money and string them along for a year+
Thanks but man no luck so far I emailed him and all he did was email me a link that explains deposits backs orders etc but yea I hear 8-12 months . I need one in the next 2 months might settle for fiberglass

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Lol 8-12 months. That’s optimistic. Not sure what he does. It doesn’t take that long to make parts. He could easily turn out a part each evening

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol 8-12 months. That’s optimistic. Not sure what he does. It doesn’t take that long to make parts. He could easily turn out a part each evening
I understand hand made sure etc not mass produced but that does seem way too long for a hood

·
Registered
234 Posts
To be honest I’m okay with waiting an extended period of time for a quality product but he doesn’t even take pre order deposits anymore. It’s a shame as his hood is my favorite of the ones made for our cars

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest I’m okay with waiting an extended period of time for a quality product but he doesn’t even take pre order deposits anymore. It’s a shame as his hood is my favorite of the ones made for our cars
Yea that’s definitely thee absolute best looking hood around I think hopefully I find a used one soon

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
He sure could if his supplier (Siebon) would make them faster.

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Many moons ago someone posted a pic of a shipment from him and Seibon's return address was on the label.

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Because, presumably, they have an exclusive agreement with said supplier.

Same as why me, as an Eaton employee, can't buy a TVS 2300 direct from my company. They have an exclusive agreement with Magnuson to supply all kits, so I had to go through them to get one.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because, presumably, they have an exclusive agreement with said supplier.

Same as why me, as an Eaton employee, can't buy a TVS 2300 direct from my company. They have an exclusive agreement with Magnuson to supply all kits, so I had to go through them to get one.
At this point thinking of buying a part our car hood and just chop a hole in the hood I don’t want to ruin my current hood need to clear the blower and honestly fiberglass hoods fit pretty shitty

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks but man no luck so far I emailed him and all he did was email me a link that explains deposits backs orders etc but yea I hear 8-12 months . I need one in the next 2 months might settle for fiberglass
I was waiting on a defuser for over 14 months when I told him I wanted my deposit back

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always got my stuff on time even though it was a long wait it was what he had said up front
Yea I won’t judge the wait time . Last minute build for me so trying to find a cowl hood ASAP . Might end up going with fiberglass for now and place deposit . For sure don’t want to cut a hole in my stock hood. But would literally drive anywhere in the state for a legit carbon cowl hood

1 - 20 of 37 Posts