LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
nice! I was hoping something like this would come out. That's the next mod. Would love to see it installed in one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm very disappointed that they didn't make a piece to cover the black plastic above the HVAC controls, I think it would look silly to have the carbon up till that point but not beyond. Hopefully this will get fixed soon - it would match the interior of the gto very well.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
ghey!

·
Registered
81 Posts
dash kits

04redgto said:
Hi, my thoughts on dash kits: be careful. I had one which I really liked, it dressed up the car in a great way and another which simply did not (does not) work. The difference is that the first one which did so well was on a car ('87 Volvo wagon, with a 347 stroker) with all flat areas where the wood was applied. The other, my current driver ('02 Olds sedan) is basically rounded and the wood does not stick down and even if it did, it would not look very good--so as to the GTO, I don't have one (yet...) so I cannot go look at it, but if it curves don't put the kit on it, IMHO--worth what it costs.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't understand. They are carbon fiber pieces that go on top of what is already there? I could see replacing pieces for some weight savings but that isn't what the descriptions says.

:drink::drink:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
This has nothing to do with weight savings and everything to do with "look at me look at me"...Carbon fiber is a neat substance but I sorta like the "aluminum" trim that's there now.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
So Bin4ry, what the hell is that thing in your signature anyway? Not the SRT-4...the other thing.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
BLOWN said:
better off getting a direct bolt in deal that replaces the original item

check here
http://www.emtechautomotive.com.au/products/emtech_interior_holden.html

your dash is the same as VY here in Oz

Beware folks... the dash is the same, but different due to driver side orientation. Some of these parts, like the top piece where the gauge cluster sits in the Holden, are left driver oriented. This is why we are waiting on aftermarket gauge pods.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it possible to get the kit with the standard top of the center stack and not the gauge pod? I have seen the kits available so far and they never include a piece for there and it must look a mess installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts