LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
High Octane User
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had some talk about doing some sort of cruise like this so I'm throwing it out on the table before the weather goes to complete crap, and hopefully Crisisman's Goat will be healed by then.

October 7 - Cascade Highway to Twisp
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/northcascades/

• Meet up @ 10am- Totem Lake Shopping Center Parking Lot (East side of 405 N. of Kirkland)

• Head North @ 10:30
  • I-5 to Arlington
  • Hit SR-530 out to Hyw 20
  • Hyw 20 to Twisp for lunch
  • Head back
Its a solid day long drive and I am an early riser so if anyone is up for this and wants to head out earlier I am all for it. Another thought would be to go to the summit and head back down.
Last note - Weather permiting. Curves + rain = no fun
:gears:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I won't be able to make this one. I will be out of town that weekend.:bomb:

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
I Think i can pull that off, work and school permitting. im game.

G

·
0 Posts
I'll have to pass on this one. It's a little too many miles for me since I just did the lower cruise back in August.

·
12,533 Posts
GregKJ said:
I'll have to pass on this one. It's a little too many miles for me since I just did the lower cruise back in August.
Weaksauce :stickpoke :gr_jest: That little cruise we did last month was over 400 miles for me.

:wall: I'm abstaining from this one myself until I see what the weather looks like. Hwy 20 could actually be closed if winter moves in sooner than expected. Plus I just got back from a 3,000 mile drive in the GTO and had more than my fill of driving in the snow. If the weather and roads are still good I may hook up with you guys in Rockport and take it from there.

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
so how many think they are down. Im planning on it mostly. Unless the poop hits the fan at work or school i should be good to go. you guys going to keep up this time??? :gears: :turbonaug

·
High Octane User
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I had this planned as a sanity day a while back so yes, I am still going to head up, weather (rain) permitting.
Couple of points to consider if you are thinking about heading up -
  • The state doesn't close hwy 20 until the snow pack calls for it; roughly the November timeframe. Word is that Fall is prime time for driving this route.
  • Going all the way to Eastern Wa for lunch is a hellova long drive for a burger and most of the good driving is on this side, so heading to the summit, then back is more realistic.

Sounds like most have conflicts this time around, but if you decide to head up add a post & let me know, otherwise I'll plan on taking off from the house.
Either way, I'll grab plenty of pics to share.

L8r-
MAC

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
im going, my roomate in his red goat is going... so thats two.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What time do you think you guys will be back towards the eastide? I'd actually like to join in for this cruise now that I have the car back and I'd enjoy taking pictures of the scenery...and maybe a speedo shot if I was encouraged to hit an inappropriate speed...
I have to be at the Legends meeting at 4pm in Burien so I was trying to gauge if I'd be back in time.

·
High Octane User
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been trying to get down there myself, so I am up for leaving early enough to make the Legends meeting.
Kirland to Diablo (close to the summit) is about 2.5 hours so figure 3 hours each way; the summit is worth seeing.
Leave Kirkland by 9, Burien by 4pm should be no problem...would beat most RVs heading up if we left around nine as well.

Route summary
Start: Kirkland WA
End: Diablo, WA

Total distance: 114.8 mi
Estimated time: 2 Hours, 23 Minutes

·
Registered
52 Posts
alright, if we'd be back by 4pm in Burien, then I'm in.

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
I think my roomate is whipped and backing out, but im still down.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
MAC said:
...and hopefully Crisisman's Goat will be healed by then.
I just got back from my vacation to Europe and found out they are still waiting on the woodward hood, so there's no way it'll be ready by then.

BTW, the Nurburgring is f***ing awesome!!!! :burnout: :gears: Running that ring in a GT class race spec Dodge Viper was friggin' amazing. I love my GTO, but this car isn't even in the same ballpark as a race spec Viper. It was a truly eye opening experience as to just what a real race car can do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts