LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't get High Performance Pontiac, you may want go pick up the September 2004 issue. It has an article which Howie from Arrowhead contributed too.

It shows GREAT pictures of the stock cat-back and it's restrictive piping. This is what I've repeatedly posted about being the weakness in our stock system.

So for some good reading, I'd go get it.

One thing to the guys at Spintech (the mufflers supplied for the article), I think the full length system is awesome, but the tips on it look like a$$! My personal viewpoint. It just doesn't work with this car.

·
3,327 Posts
?? The September '04 issue is already out? They run WAY ahead of press time, huh? ;)

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I subscribe to it, so I may get it quite a bit in advance.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
CMNT - I just noticed your signature has changed. Did the f-body fall victim to the unemployment or the fact you've got the GTO now?
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
CMNT - I just noticed your signature has changed. Did the f-body fall victim to the unemployment or the fact you've got the GTO now?
Dan
Dan, it looks like the truck is gone, not the Camaro. I WAS wondering how he was financing those headers with no job :D

·
3,327 Posts
mistermike said:
Dan, it looks like the truck is gone, not the Camaro. I WAS wondering how he was financing those headers with no job :D
:confused: Birthday present from Girlfriend? :sneaky:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Camaro is still there! The truck is gone.

I had a nice little payout from the job, then I profited nearly $10k on the truck when I sold it.

·
Banned
504 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
One thing to the guys at Spintech (the mufflers supplied for the article), I think the full length system is awesome, but the tips on it look like a$$! My personal viewpoint. It just doesn't work with this car.
We have several different tips to offer with the different systems. Side exit can have either one larger oval shaped tip or Mustang Cobra R styled tips. The Cobra R tips are what we have on our GTO. We are also playing with a oval shaped dual tip. The rear exit kit (which dumps right behind the rear tires) currently has two different tips. The single tips shown and a Pontiac styled splitter tip.

I'm trying to get a video clip this week so you guys can hear it. The sound is awesome at WOT, but is very mellow while just cruising.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
The Camaro is still there! The truck is gone.

I had a nice little payout from the job, then I profited nearly $10k on the truck when I sold it.
Doh - one of these days I'll learn to only post when I'm fully awake and alert - maybe...
Dan

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Howie - any pictures? Also, glad to see that you've got a functional website again. I like the new design.

Howie said:
We have several different tips to offer with the different systems. Side exit can have either one larger oval shaped tip or Mustang Cobra R styled tips. The Cobra R tips are what we have on our GTO. We are also playing with a oval shaped dual tip. The rear exit kit (which dumps right behind the rear tires) currently has two different tips. The single tips shown and a Pontiac styled splitter tip.

I'm trying to get a video clip this week so you guys can hear it. The sound is awesome at WOT, but is very mellow while just cruising.

·
Banned
504 Posts
phobos512 said:
Howie - any pictures? Also, glad to see that you've got a functional website again. I like the new design.
Thanks! I'm so happy we finally got a web desginer who actaully works. There's still alot more changes coming to the site in the next several days. As the exhaust pics I'll try to get some up tomorrow along with prices.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Do you have to cut the sideskirts to install the sideoutlet exhaust, from reading the article in HPP it sounded like AP was making revised sideskirts with exhaust openings. Whats the deal?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Speaking of cutting and what not, what happens to the rear outlet when the exhaust is redirected? Will you guys have a way to make it pretty, so to speak?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just read the article & noticed that it said all the dyno runs were made in 3rd gear (6 speed car). Why on earth would they dyno it in 3rd gear, when 4th gear is 1:1? Was that a typo?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Howie said:
Thanks! I'm so happy we finally got a web desginer who actaully works. There's still alot more changes coming to the site in the next several days. As the exhaust pics I'll try to get some up tomorrow along with prices.
Howie, the site is really shaping up nicely. Do you have any dealers in the Great Lakes region?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's most likely a typo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts