LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 spd., h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSS 1000 1 pc. Driveshaft
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Got a question. Anyone use the Maximizer catback on their GTO. I have fallen in love with the corsa sport. However it is pricey. It looks identical and I realize it isn't a corsa. However it looks darn near identical. If someone has it or heard one is it similar in sound and decent quality? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
111 Posts
How much cheaper is it? I have a Corsa sport and yes it’s awesome. :cool:

also need to be aware if it’s made of a high quality stainless steel. If it’s just aluminized or low grade stainless it will rust and/or corrode.

·
Administrator
8,448 Posts
It’s a Chinese knock-off, so I’d bet dollars to donuts that the construction is sloppy, the tubing is thinner, and the quality is overall subpar.

304 stainless is expensive, so that’s where the majority of the cost is in the Corsa. I believe Corsa’s muffler construction is patented as well, but not like that hasn’t stopped China before...

Reactions: zech912

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
111 Posts
If this cat back is like $300 it may be worth it. If it’s over $500 I’d say save that money and get a Corsa.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its over 700 dollars. I also was looking at the slp, but it kinda sounds like crap... im weighing the cost of just an axle back such as the spintech, to the corsa system where you get everything new which i like. Then I seen this maximizer and read decent reviews on other items on LS forums on their headers ect. I am skeptical to putting headers on the car, which seems like a pita. Plus the expense and at minimum a mail order tune. Kinda looking at dependability with great sound.

·
Administrator
8,448 Posts
Installing headers on a GTO is a right of passage that every owner should be forced to do. It’s not not a pain in the ass as long as you follow Doric’s write-up to a T.

As far as a tune, it looks like you’re only 3 hours from me. I’m pretty proficient with HP Tuners and could easily get you tuned once you do anything for just the cost of the credits $100. On that note, I’d be more than happy to help you with anything else as well. I’ve done more header installs than I can remember, so those are relatively easy for me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man. I'll have to decide which route to go. As far as headers, or the catback for first purchase.

·
Administrator
8,448 Posts
If so, that sounds nothing like a Corsa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts