LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Looking for a little advice on catch can location on a my tvs2300 LS1. I had followed Ski's build thread and just want to make sure this is right. Excuse the dirt and general mess. If I were to install a catch can, it would go inline with the red, from the back driver side to vacuum? Am I correct in thinking I could also block off the left side valve cover to throttlebody (yellow) if I get a breather cap? Thanks in advance.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,478 Posts
The yellow line is the fresh air source for the PCV system. You can eliminate it with a crankcase breather, but just keep in mind that you'll be introducing unmetered air into the engine.

The catch can would go inline between the driver side valve cover and the blower.

·
Administrator
8,745 Posts
Yup, just need to put an inline PCV valve before the catch can. You can see the valve in the below picture.

·
Administrator
8,745 Posts
FYI, but you may want to disconnect and reroute your throttle cable. That sucker will get pinched as the blower gets hot and expands.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha ya, there is maybe 2mm of clearance there at the moment but I'll reroute it to be safe.

I should be getting the rest of the stuff for the battery relocation this week along with the check valve. Reminds of me of the scene from O Brother, apparently Calgary is 2 weeks from everywhere...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So while rerouting the throttle cable I came across an alarming discovery. The throttle body actuator? was hitting one of the vacuum fittings on the tvs housing and only allowing me to go about 80-90% throttle.

I had to remove the PCV from it, T into another line, cap it off, and then cut the ear off the throttle to fix it. Im not sure if you had/have a similar issue @SkiPopeye36

·
Administrator
8,745 Posts
So while rerouting the throttle cable I came across an alarming discovery. The throttle body actuator? was hitting one of the vacuum fittings on the tvs housing and only allowing me to go about 80-90% throttle.

I had to remove the PCV from it, T into another line, cap it off, and then cut the ear off the throttle to fix it. Im not sure if you had/have a similar issue @SkiPopeye36
Sure did. Zoom in on the below pic to see how I solved that issue.

·
Administrator
8,745 Posts
Was slightly worried that the cable would pop out of the cam after WOT, but have a few hundred miles on the car and haven’t had one issue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I assume that this issue existed when I dropped the car off to get tuned which is pretty disappointing. You'd think for $1000 the tuner would have at least noticed the TPS reading...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For sure - between the throttle body and the throttle cable clip it would have saved a few headaches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts