LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving work last evening, I'm waiting to pull out on to a main road(rt.25A for the locals). The speed limit is 45, most cars are doing 55-60. I see a break in traffic, and I've got room to merge but I see a bright blue WRX coming, so I wait for it to pass. The passenger notices the Goat (he's hanging out the window) as they pass. I let it rip and try to catch up. I ran it up to 80 and I caught 'em. The dude in the passenger seat looked surprised to see me. Then throws me the devil horns!.
Much to my delight, he gets over to the left, heading for rt.83(Me too !). A real good stretch of road for racing. I was 2 cars behind in the merging lanes with some traffic. As we get on to 83, I swing passed the two cars and try to line up. He hits it and starts running, so do I and I start to reel him in. My hood was at the passenger door as we approached 85mph( fast enough for this 43 year old Dad) I got off it for safety sake. Only to get the one finger salute from the boys. They kept going, I'm sure they're gonna post a GTO kill. I say not! [email protected]:slap:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Little twits....wouldn't even line-up with you. Typical ricer moves, especially when they know they will lose. You did the right thing, don't sweat it. Was it an STi?:patriot:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
To be honest if you knew your limit was 85mph and you were already doing 60 mph or so ?, you probably shouldn't have raced them from a roll at those speeds.
Sometime it can be best to just let them go. Then hopefully a little further down the road, you can get the race you want. (from a dig or low speed roll). If not, no harm. Thats a lot better than letting some kid brag about how he beat a GTO from a roll. You live and learn. I've gotten beat many times because I've done something I shouldn't have done (wrong gear, missed gear, car wouldn't downshift, bad launch, etc) It happens.

I keep my eyes open in the WRX forums (which I've been a long time member) to see anyone makes a similar thread.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTO4now said:
Little twits....wouldn't even line-up with you. Typical ricer moves, especially when they know they will lose. You did the right thing, don't sweat it. Was it an STi?:patriot:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an STi, had the big ass wing and gold rims. In all honesty I don't know if my stock '04 could have taken him but I wanted to try. I chased him down initially just for fun. I wasn't necessarily looking for an all out race. What pisses me off is when other drivers make it personal.To me its just about the cars and the sport of it.:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLACK05GTO said:
To be honest if you knew your limit was 85mph and you were already doing 60 mph or so ?, you probably shouldn't have raced them from a roll at those speeds.
Sometime it can be best to just let them go. Then hopefully a little further down the road, you can get the race you want. (from a dig or low speed roll). If not, no harm. Thats a lot better than letting some kid brag about how he beat a GTO from a roll. You live and learn. I've gotten beat many times because I've done something I shouldn't have done (wrong gear, missed gear, car wouldn't downshift, bad launch, etc) It happens.

I keep my eyes open in the WRX forums (which I've been a long time member) to see anyone makes a similar thread.
Actually we were at a stop light, waiting to turn on to Rt.83. I was two cars behind in the other lane. Its a big sweeping left then it straightens out. I figure I made up about 50-75 feet on him before I got out of it. Sure I've run well over 85 but this wasn't the time or place for it. He stayed in it. Brave or stupid, he was goin' fast.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts