LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at rims and didnt really see anything i liked till i saw the ccw 505a's ....DAMN

they look perfect but...

they are a little steep in price so i was wondering if there were any look a like wheels for a little bit cheaper

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
I believe the AZA Z1's are similar and IIRC AR 042's are similar too.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
The AZA that GTO86 listed are the closest I've seen in person. They use a painted center with a polished lip that has been clear coated. Way less maintenance then my CCW 505’s

Topshelf sells them on the left. The will required rolled venders.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Privat Gassen

snowairg said:
The only thing that sucks IMHO is that the AZA's have all those damn rivets...
That is the only reason I did not buy AZA - the fake rivets! I love the look but not all the BS hardware.

I just got a set of Privat Gassens today and I think they look great (of course).

Five spoke design similar to the AZA Z1 - gray center with a polished lip, no rivets - clean. I wanted a staggered set up but ended up with 18 X 8 on all four corners - practical. 40mm offset. New Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions in 245/40-18. The whole set up - shipping, tax, mounting, balance, lug nuts and all - cost just over $1,600. Got the wheels at America's Tire and the tires at the Tirerack (clearance sale / discontinued).

Test drove the set up at speed on 280 a little while ago. Smooth - solid.

Real happy with the set up.

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Tony Luna said:
That is the only reason I did not buy AZA - the fake rivets! I love the look but not all the BS hardware.

I just got a set of Privat Gassens today and I think they look great (of course).

Five spoke design similar to the AZA Z1 - gray center with a polished lip, no rivets - clean. I wanted a staggered set up but ended up with 18 X 8 on all four corners - practical. 40mm offset. New Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions in 245/40-18. The whole set up - shipping, tax, mounting, balance, lug nuts and all - cost just over $1,600. Got the wheels at America's Tire and the tires at the Tirerack (clearance sale / discontinued).

Test drove the set up at speed on 280 a little while ago. Smooth - solid.

Real happy with the set up.
NICE! That's what I need.

·
Registered
981 Posts
snowairg said:
NICE! That's what I need.
Check out the pics on the post I started yeterday - New 18"s on PMB / Wheels/Tires.

I'll try to post some better pics over the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts