LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take my baby to the Pontiac dealer last week to get the stereo pulled out. They then tell me that it will be at least 10 days before a replacement arrives. I asked if they can just put my old one back in since FM still works fine. They said they had to ship it off to some place to see about getting it repaired. I am on day 6 without music and it is freaking killing me. Anyone have a no BS answer on how long I will be without music? I was thinking of asking them this Friday to pull one out of one of the GTO's on the lot. But I have a feeling that wont fly. This sucks. Big hole in the dash and I keep reaching to turn it up.

·
Where are the women and booze
2,089 Posts
Imagine that, a stock 6-disc in-dash took a dump...shocking.

Well, you are pretty much locked in to just waiting...if they wouldn't put a rush on struts for the 06 guys you think they give a rip about your radio?

·
High Tech Redneck
328 Posts
I was w/o a working radio for a month, but they just ordered another and left the bad one in my car. Seems odd that they didnt just do the same for yours.

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked them to do just that... They said they had to send it back east some place to see if it can be repaired. I get whichever one comes to them first the new one or the repaired one.

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
13 Days to get a replacement head unit. They called me today to tell me the new one is in, so tomorrow I get to drown out the rumble of the LS2.... Wait a minute this is not a good deal after all.

·
Marty
1,167 Posts
Just get some exhaust cutouts installed while your waiting for your replacement head unit...

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those might be in the works when I visit the Mod Fairy....:secret:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts