LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya like i said... Will there be enough in stock to sale or does it go only by preorder list.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, but you may be paying over MSRP since the dealership may only have 1 on the lot at a time. My dealer only has 2 pre-orders on the his initial allotment of 9. He told me pre-orders will be sold for MSRP but non-pre-orders will be marked up.

If you think you might want one, there is no reason not to put $500 down. They will refund your money if you change your mind when the car comes in. At least, that's what my salesman told me.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Where are you located? The dealership I'm getting mine from has two coming in unsold, located in Phoenix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer didn't even require a deposit. He said he is only getting 2 in addition to preorders, so there wont be many left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
75+ people on my dealers waiting list, and if he gets about 1 a month like he said, hmmm. Ill have my GTO in about 6.25 years. Awsome i cant wait!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I cancelled my original order in Beaufort SC ( I am originally from SC) It is red with black interior and they are selling it for MSRP.

Also a dealer in MD is not taking preorders so theirs are not sold it is come in see it like it buy it. I can give you a lot of places in the VA, MD, SC area that still has unsold GTO's if you are looking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What does it mean that I still do not have a TPW date? I preordered my car as soon as possible a number of months ago. I recieved a letter from GM saying they appreciated my order in November and that production would begin soon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It means that your dealer hasn't received allocation for your car yet. Until you get a TPW there is no garuntee that your car will be built. A dealer can order as many of one model as they want but that doesn't mean they all will be built.

GM sets a number for each model that a particular dealer will get. There are many factors that go into setting this number.

If I was you I would be asking my dealer if they have used up all of their 2004 GTO allocation with other orders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts