LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I've been debating about purchasing vBulletin software for the sole purpose of providing RMGTO members with a Timeslips database for months now. The great irony being that the vBulletin software costs $160 and the Timeslips database plugin is free. We don't really have a need for a regional forum per se, as this one is great as it is.

I just couldn't seem to justify the expense or the time it would take to install the software, configure it, etc.

In lieu of that, I've been trying to find a way to take advantage of the Gallery that RMGTO already has, and I think I've found the easiest way.

Take a look at the RMGTO Members page in the Gallery. I've added LS1GTO.com usernames and any valid dyno and drag times data I could find (OK - so I only looked in Luke's thread) to the Description field for each user's Album. This field can be updated by each member as needed, and viewed by all. I'll look into how else I can modify the Gallery to add information like a mod list, etc. I'm no expert in .php. :comp:

Now, ideally, I'd have a scan of each person's timeslip. In fact, for verification purposes, we should probably have one anyhow. I created a special gallery for timeslips and dyno sheet scans, but the more I think about it, the more I think that such items belong in each individual's personal RMGTO album anyhow. Does anyone disagree?

Anyway, I'll be the conduit for your data as needed, or you can edit the data yourself. Just let me know. Additionally, I was looking at Luke's thread, and there are a lot of names on his list that do not have profile in the RMGTO Gallery. Hint, hint. Shoot me a PM or an email with your full name, a valid email address, and a desired password, and I'll get you set up. I promise it won't take me days as it did with poor adams975 this week ( :( ).

Questions? Comments? Death threats? Lay 'em on me.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just keeps getting better and better. You can add a mod list to your RMGTO album:

You can do this, or I can do it for you, and formatting is completely up to you using simple HTML tags.

If you'd like more information, or if you want me to set something similar up for you, let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Doric said:
Chuck, do you prefer this method? IIRC, you did this because I didn't have an immediate alternative for you.
Good point.
I did it this way 'cause it was simple. I didn't want my mod list in my sig but wanted to be able to link to it when needed.

I may use this method you suggested as time permits

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Umm.

Today.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As soon as I know what they are, I'll share. :gr_jest: