LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used set of JHP gauges, but they are red and the rest of the gauges are grey. Has any one changed out the gauge over lays in theirs and if so where is the best place to buy them and how hard is the install? Is it worth doing?

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
Did this exact swap years ago.

The only place I know that you can find a different color gauge face is JHP, and when I did it, they would not sell just the face plate to me. I had to ship my cluster (minus the pod) back to them to do the swap. They then shipped me the cluster plus the old face plate back to me. Wasn’t cheap, but was my only option.

Reactions: thefastlayne12

·
GR-RRR!
5,676 Posts
I bought my gauges from a USA based JHP representative and he installed the color of faces I wanted before shipping. Don't know if he is still working with JHP or not but it might be worth reaching out to him. His member name here is [email protected] But he hasn't been on the boards for quite a while.

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
There’s no USA based JHP company/rep anymore. You have to go thru JHP in AUS.

Reactions: thefastlayne12

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. If I’m going to have to ship them to Australia I think I’ll just keep the mismatch. It’s not worth the $100 and waiting who knows how long on postage. I found some on gto shift light.com or some place like that but I’m still worried about breaking the gauges taking the needles off and stuff.

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
Gtoshiftlight is an old company owned by Chris White. He used to have access to those parts, but don’t believe he does anymore, and really isn’t involved in this platform anymore, so anything you see on his site probably isn’t updated.

That said, I’d rather pay JHP to swap the faces at whatever the current cost is. Mismatched gauge faces would look horrible and tacky.

Reactions: Glynn

·
GR-RRR!
5,676 Posts
I'd have to agree with Ski, BUT shipping things to and from AUS right now will likely take 3-4 months due to Covid lock downs and the inability to get any flights to and from the southern hemisphere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd have to agree with Ski, BUT shipping things to and from AUS right now will likely take 3-4 months due to Covid lock downs and the inability to get any flights to and from the southern hemisphere.
That’s why I’m saying it’s not worth sending them. I’ve been wanting a set for years and I finally found them and I’ve been having oil pressure and engine issues lately so it’s not worth not having them on the car for several months right now. I’d rather it look tacky for right now than have the motor out again. That can be something for winter when’s it’s just sitting anyways.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,151 Posts
The swap is easy to do with a screwdriver and a calibrated torque hand. I bought mine from Chris White's old site years ago, but x2 on SkiPopeye36's post.
Enjoy your summer gauges.

·
Need To Drive More
1,472 Posts
Need to do this as well. Gauges are from 2007 and the gray faces have become light blue.

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
Shipments to and from AUS has begun to move over the past 3 weeks. That said, I’d tag JHP and ask them for a price and what they are seeing for a shipment window. A month ago it took me 2 months to receive an order; just last week I placed another one and it was here in less than 7 days.

·
GR-RRR!
5,676 Posts
Interesting. I spoke with a vendor in AUS yesterday and he suggested waiting a while before ordering, he said it has been taking him months to even get stuff shipped out of the country. Maybe he hasn't tried in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts