LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have to park your goat say for 1 week at an airport, there is an easy way to make sure the car won't start.

Pop the hood open and open the fuse box to your left. Pull out the engine relay fuse as shown in this pic.

For shiitsandgiggles try this at home. The engine won't start.

Now of course if someone really wants to steal your goat, all they have to do is tow it or put it on a flatbed. But I think this is another "free insurance" to make it harder for the thieves to drive away with your goat.

Of course don't lose the fuse. Now that that would be a funny picture when you come back and even YOU couldn't start your own car...

:gr_jest:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Or they could just take out the relay next to it and put it in that spot . . .

It is a good idea though, if they managed to get passed the key thing it will be one more thing they would have to fight with. keeps them from being able to make a quick steal

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow, thanks for the tip, that'll be really helpful.

But I must be missing something...what's the big deal about how the key works with entry/ignition?

·
Registered
523 Posts
ssilverado60 said:
Or they could just take out the relay next to it and put it in that spot . . .

It is a good idea though, if they managed to get passed the key thing it will be one more thing they would have to fight with. keeps them from being able to make a quick steal
So, is there any reason why the owner can't pull both relay fuses?

In a related matter, given all the high-tech electronics, control modules, and other stuff that's so much smarter than I am, I'm concerned that by pulling or disconnecting the wrong item, something will require re-programming before this dummy can drive off.

Any reassuring advice? Anyone...? Anyone...?
:secret: :banghead: :huh: :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts