LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found better prices than tire rack or discount tire direct?

Discount tire direct's Free shipping actually makes them cheaper than tire rack. Id love to have KDW NT's (the new design KDW) but at 171 a tire I just cant hack it.

I was going to go with the General Exclaim UHP, but for a few bucks more a tire (132.00 delivered) the Kumho SPT's are supposed to be much better. Anyone know where I can get the KDW N/T's (spider web looking tread pattern) for around $150 or so each delivered? This would put them in my price range. Wouldnt be so bad but I have to replace a bent tsw thruxton to the tune of $200 (care of a Charlotte Nc pothole).

I really hate to settle on tires but between the pothole, wallered out radius rod bushings and OEM potenzas with a 140 treadwear rating, I am damn near to the belts at 11K miles. Yippe.

Anyone running the Kumho SPT's have an opinion on them?

·
O-TOWN Track Coordinator
161 Posts
i went with the Kumho ASK and paid 127 per tire from discount tire. great in the rain and pretty good dry. and have a 30000 mile warranty.

·
I Hate Spunk
3,193 Posts
Never a bad idea to check ebay before you buy. I got a set of Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions for $158 per tire, shipped.
I'm happy with them, but have nothing to compare them to, aside from the stockers.

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
245/40/18

·
99% Stock
4,969 Posts
Check EdgeRacing.com

If you are in South FL, you can pick them up (and pay sales tax) instead of paying for the shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts