LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an Australia-based wheel manufacturer with a broad selection. I'm looking into practicality of purchasing through this company. I'm in the transportation business, so that's not an issue. However customs, duties & taxes could be. Will advise.

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wheels

I called the USA division of Speedy Wheels 909 597 5261. I inquired about the Malibu style in a 17x8,48,5x120 and was told that they dont have any wheels that fit the 04 GTO and that since it is such a low production car that they will not be offering any wheels at all ? If any one has heard different please post. Also the person I spoke with stated that although the catalog shows a 17x8 size in the malibu style wheel that because of the back spacing it only fits the mustang wheel pattern?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
agentj004gto said:
since it is such a low production car that they will not be offering any wheels at all ?

What a load of crap. Somebody is gonna make wheels for the GTO.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
agentj004gto said:
I called the USA division of Speedy Wheels 909 597 5261. I inquired about the Malibu style in a 17x8,48,5x120 and was told that they dont have any wheels that fit the 04 GTO and that since it is such a low production car that they will not be offering any wheels at all ? If any one has heard different please post. Also the person I spoke with stated that although the catalog shows a 17x8 size in the malibu style wheel that because of the back spacing it only fits the mustang wheel pattern?
Why can't the USA Division order and get some of the wheels that are avail in Oz? I personally want a set of the Malibu Chrome. There are about as close to a set of Cragar SS I will get to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
agentj004gto said:
... and was told that they dont have any wheels that fit the 04 GTO and that since it is such a low production car that they will not be offering any wheels at all...

The truly stupid thing about that statement is that the Monaro is popular and well-loved in Australia. (I hope you told him that, too.) Plenty of other companies will offer wheels and we will patronize them instead. :confused:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Aussie Wheels

agentj004gto said:
I fear you reached the village idiot. That wheel is made 17x8, 5x120 for the Commodore (essentially a 4 door Monaro). An E-Mail to the Australian Site should clear this up, especially the backspacing issue 48mm is stock, but you may want to play with that a tad to split the difference for a fatter tire. If it's a good company, they should be able to play with the backspacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts