LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got bored at work and decided to model a set of rims and tires in Pro -E. its a 3D modeling software.
i tried to copy the GTO rims and i think i did pretty good. but the details are realy difficult. they are 8x17, three peice rims. check out the details (tread in tires, pontiac arrowhead center cap, etc)
sorry about the color, they went black and white when i turned it into jpegs.

·
no goat
367 Posts
Just a thought

Looking good. I have used pro-e for a little while in school. I was thinking that if you wanted to get the slight curvature of the spokes you could draw a 1/2 profile(looking at the mating surface of the tire) and then revolve it around the radius of the wheel. Just a thought in case you got bored :) . I thought about doing something like this myself...but pro-e is school related and well, it being summer and all.... :cool: .
Enjoy the goat, for it is good.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TallyGTO said:
Looking good. I have used pro-e for a little while in school. I was thinking that if you wanted to get the slight curvature of the spokes you could draw a 1/2 profile(looking at the mating surface of the tire) and then revolve it around the radius of the wheel. Just a thought in case you got bored :) . I thought about doing something like this myself...but pro-e is school related and well, it being summer and all.... :cool: .
Enjoy the goat, for it is good.

haha, yeah, i am taking it next semeseter. but i have to use it this summer. so i figured why not play around with it so maybe my class will be easier.

·
no goat
367 Posts
if your just about to start taking a class on it your gonna be way ahead of everyone else :cool: , it's a cool program just play around with it. You can model just about anything with it. Keep up the good work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts