1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
That is a "sexy beast."

·
Registered
152 Posts
My wife will divorce me when that gets released. After I blew up the GTP and got the GTO I told her I would leave it stock for a couple of years but that thing is likely to change my mind!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Not as clean looking as the magnacharger unit

Impressive looking supercharger, but not as clean looking as the Magnacharger. Would be interested in seeing the specs comparing the specs. Also, does the vortec unit have a 3/36 warranty with a supplemental power train warranty like the magancharger unit would have?
dms

·
Disaster
339 Posts
dms said:
Impressive looking supercharger, but not as clean looking as the Magnacharger.
Yeah, all Vortech blowers look like that. They use that "turbo" look that uses the stock intake while magnacharger uses the typical screw setup that you slap on top :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
powrtrippin said:
My wife will divorce me when that gets released. After I blew up the GTP and got the GTO I told her I would leave it stock for a couple of years but that thing is likely to change my mind!
Too funny, I promised the same thing. Opps, too late. :)

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
Strictly speak, the Magnacharger is not a screw blower, it's a Roots blower. The leading screw blower is the Whipple (also OEMed by Kenne Bell).

The biggest advantage of a Roots blower over a centrifugal blower is better low-end torque. Centrifugal blowers are often more flexible in terms of under-hood fitment, though people like Jackson Racing have been pretty creative with the Eaton Roots blower used my Magnusson (Jackson Racing specializes in four-banger applications, where superchargers really sing).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts