LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Awesome vid and thanks for posting.

First off the vette owner was not pushing that 427...he was shifting the damn thing like a sunday cruise IMO. Still that 3rd and 4th gear is where the Z really leaves behind the comp. Remember the Ford GT and the Galardo, same thing. The ferrari also has an F1 tranny that shifts like lightning(milli seconds) compared to the Vette. Driven by a good driver the race would have been much different. The best I read on the F430 is 121mph traps the Vette 127mph in the 1/4..right around the speeds that race occurred.

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
was the z06 stock?

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
Why does he have drive the car like a gangster? Who honestly races that way? Get me behind the wheel and I'll show a little more class. Not much more...but more.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I was reading on the M5boards that all the races that the guy races his Z06 in he starts in 2nd gear! The races were from roughly 30 mph to I think they said 150ish. (50 km/h to 250 km/h?). One guy who owns a new Z06 said that he would be at like 2500-3000 rpms, way below the power band of the Z. Had he started in first which goes to over 60 it would have been even worse.

When he raced the M6 the M guys were talking about hanging with him yada yada, then he came in and told them he wasn only in second and that the 8 plus car win should have been more like 10 plus, pretty funny. Check out www.M5board.com to see all the battles they have coming. The Z was undefeated that day!

Side note, a stock M6 beat a Gallardo by a couple as well! :gears:

·
True Story
422 Posts
DAYUM!!! im more and more impressed everyday by the C6 Z06....not even in the power band and it is still whooping on all the other cars.:eek2: :ftw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts