LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! What a light show! Not sure I've ever seen as much lightning in any storm ever. My daughter was driving home from work at about 7:45 in hail, and then at 8pm a Tornado Warning!!! Her timing in this wasn't the best.

Spent about 30 minutes in the basement last night.

Honestly, with the way that storm kicked up, I wasn't surprised by the tornado warning.

Anyone else have weather related wierdness last night?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Huntress said:
OMG! What a light show! Not sure I've ever seen as much lightning in any storm ever. My daughter was driving home from work at about 7:45 in hail, and then at 8pm a Tornado Warning!!! Her timing in this wasn't the best.

Spent about 30 minutes in the basement last night.

Honestly, with the way that storm kicked up, I wasn't surprised by the tornado warning.

Anyone else have weather related wierdness last night?
Just lots of rain, wind and lightning out here last night. Power was out for about 2 minutes and Satellite for about an hour. Now, two Fridays ago Tornado sirens were going off left and right. Clouds were dropping out of the sky almost all the way to the ground then breaking up. It was awesome and no basement here either lol.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd of thought I would have had a power outage, but didn't. I live 5 miles west of the lake. The rotation started in Zion (another town on the lake) and was traveling 50 mph southeast. Must of moved east of me. Crazy

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Just a lot but a whole lot of rain then hail around 8 as well then more rain and well the amazing lightning storm and i woke up today and seriously there was about 2 blocks covered in water passing the knees looked like a new pond was made.

·
yeah, its paid for
1,483 Posts
Heavy rain and knocked out all the traffic lights on Roosevelt. Turned around and said f* it, Im not goin to court today!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That was awesome! I just sat in the dark bedroom and watched it. :D

I knew that afternoon we were gonna get something. I could feel it.

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
Wow....my sis lives just north of the border...should give her ring to see how bad she had it....

·
Have to sell. :C
831 Posts
There were a few downed trees. LOTS of rain. I had to walk a few blocks to pick up some food in it. That was fun. Glad it didn't start to hail on me. Here's a link to that bad storm on the 22nd I think. Some kid from the college 3 blocks south of me took it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhUST6b6qNg

·
silver m6
240 Posts
My foot and leg are still killing me from the lights being oujt down Harlem today. I still would not buy a auto though.

·
F L P FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!
780 Posts
Our power went out yesterday sometime before 2pm and didnt get turned back on till today at about 430. it took comed all of about 5 minutes to do it to lol.
But the storms out here where jacked up and we had the Tornado sirens going off too. About 5 miles south of me some plant had 2 of its silos taken out that are used for storing chemicals

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
I went to joliet today to go wrench on my bike. Wow....Complete trees derooted. Power cables downs, tree limbs all over the ground. I should have taken some pictures. My house alone had the biggest tree split in half and miss my house by a few meters, a really impressive sigth.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
Underoath said:
My car enjoyed 20+ minutes of continues hail. ****in bull.
Is a man allowed to cry when his car gets hit by a hail storm ( not that I was crying):whine: :cry: sure did suck. no damage thankfuly, hope the same.

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
burnz said:
Is a man allowed to cry when his car gets hit by a hail storm ( not that I was crying):whine: :cry: sure did suck. no damage thankfuly, hope the same.
I wanted to. Believe me. I had some hail damage on my last car and it was not a happy day. Luckily the car survived this bout against mother nature without any battle scars :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
burnz said:
Underground parking FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts