LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2574 sq ft 2 story house in western Chicago suburbs
3+ car detached garage (1168 total sq ft garage space)
--2 post automotive lift
--A/C and heater
--fully finished
--100 Amp electrical service
--lots of extras

-2574 sq ft on first 2 levels
-partially finished basement w/ bar and rec room
-fully finished 3+ car detached garage w/ automotive lift, A/C, heater, 100Amp elec service
-2 car attached garage
-5 bedrooms
-2.5 bathrooms
-1/4 acre lot in nice neighborhood

$440k

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
431 Posts
Nice...but Chicago. I'm not sure even us Tx boys are well enough armed to want to wander certain neighborhoods there.
LOL...It's Carol Stream. That's a Suburb. You'll have to worry more about all the Carol's in their soccer mom van's, wanting to take your guns away!

However, the real estate taxes (for 2500 sq/ft) are $11,353 / year!

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
475 Posts
That’s not high taxes. In NJ and NY it would be considered reasonable. Hell my bro in law pays 30k/year in property tax. But he can afford it……

·
GTOless
7,131 Posts
LOL...It's Carol Stream. That's a Suburb. You'll have to worry more about all the Carol's in their soccer mom van's, wanting to take your guns away!

However, the real estate taxes (for 2500 sq/ft) are $11,353 / year!
$13,000 for 1,900 sq ft on Long Island (NY)....

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll keep and not complain about the $1100 we pay for .64 acres, 1308 sqft home and 20x20 garage. I also won't complain about the other place that we're buying; $1000 taxes, 4.58 acres, 1670 sqft home and 24x24 garage.

I have family that live in Bolingbrook, just outside of Chicago. They have a beautiful corner lot, a nice older home in a nice neighborhood. They were thinking that their house was worth right around $200k. The neighbor up the street put their house up on the market at what everyone around them thought was a high price at $220k. The day that it went up they had an open house. They had 4 offers in an hour. They accepted a lower cash offer for $250k with the buyers paying all fees including their move but they had 10 days to be out.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
431 Posts
$13,000 for 1,900 sq ft on Long Island (NY)....
I'd rather be near Nashville...

$300k,1,600 sq/ft home w/ 24x24 detached garage --> $1,300 / year for taxes
Modest Nashville area home :

* I'd pull out hat mosquito haven behind the garage and extend the garage back another car length *

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts

* I'd pull out hat mosquito haven behind the garage and extend the garage back another car length *
Nashville is nice. Drive a couple hours east and be in the Appalachians

·
GTOless
7,131 Posts

Believe me, I'd rather not pay it but work keeps me here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, taxes are high in Illinois. One of the reasons we're leaving.

But it is a nice house in a nice neighborhood. And we're considered a "far west" suburb. Far enough away from the crime and terrible crowded mess of the city. But close enough to enjoy the museums, airport, and other good things that only a big city can bring.

·
Registered
121 Posts

lol, while I agree about the mosquito haven, it looks like they could extend it sideways another 4 or 5 car widths.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts