LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
whats a 4 cylinder
225 Posts
I have this same problem and i also changed pulleys/belts but i noticed it seems my crankshaft pulley is sliding off the crank. I got an underdrive with an arp bolt which i am installing today. Ill let you know if it fixes my problem

·
HER GTO
278 Posts
An internally cracked/chipped/broken catalytic converter can make some interesting sounds/rattles. Maybe muffler packing could do the same. :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
just got my goat back from shop two days ago. Had new dif and drive shaft put in along with tires brakes rotors all that. 3500 dent in my pocket. Now I’m hearing this small chirp aswell when I let off the gas. Only happens going above 40 mph. Did you ever figure out what it was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the chirp nose stop if you put light pressure on the clutch pedal? Or if you put the clutch in completely? Might be your throwout bearing making the noise? Just guessing, but easy enough to check, just accelerate like when it makes the noise and then put light clutch pedal pressure, or fully depress clutch pedal. If that makes it change, the added pressure against the throwout bearing changes the loading.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts