LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
VIOLET FOREVER
8,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. folks. Were a little over a week out and I was wondering what the final plan is for our carvan. Are we heading down to Harlem by Steve and going down Hwy 57? What time are we meeting and where?

Robert and I will be leaving pretty early to gey a jump on A.M. 294 traffic. I was thinking we could catch breakfast and wait for the caravan.
Times ticking and I am willing to bet most of you still need to clean up your goats etc..........
Most of you have my cell #

Dan

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Dan,

I am good with whatever time you want... I'll have been off of work since the sunday before we leave. Just let me know times and how you want to get to my area i.e. 294, 80, what ever and I'll give you guys directions to a meeting spot.

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
What day are you guys leaving? I think we hooking up with a group from Colorado early Tuesday afternoon in Indy and then running down 65 to the 'ville.

·
Mostly Harmless
6,770 Posts
We are leaving on Tuesday morning. The Milwaukee crew will probably head out around 6-6:30 a.m. Traffic into Chicagoland will be a bitch. Don't know what time that puts us into Indy - depends on the route. You guys are an hour ahead of us. I'd say 1-2 p.m. Eastern we might be in Indy, depending.

OK, Chi-town folks, what is the best route, with both the Ryan/Skyway and 80/94 hosed heading for Indiana?
Is I-57 really the way to go? Southbound to catch US 24 east to I-65? Any other thoughts/ideas?

I didn't have too many problems when I went to Mid-Ohio... but then again, I was on the Ryan/Skyway at 2:15 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and came back through Sunday morning (from Toledo) around 9 a.m...

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I would say take 294 to 159th and go west a mile or two to my place... cause 57 is under construction now and ALOT of the exits are closed. then we can hop on 80 from harlem. I know its a bit of a detour, but it will totally avoid construction!! What we can do is, plan on meeting sometime around 830 in my area, could even go to McDs at the corner of 159th and harlem if you guys wanted a food stop.

times arent important to me, but the route above goes around that HELL they call 80/94!!!

·
Mostly Harmless
6,770 Posts
Gonna be hard for Holeshot and I to get to your place by 8:30 in the morning rush. Would you recommend taking 12 to 53 to head your way, or staying on 94/294?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
RobertHammen said:
We are leaving on Tuesday morning. The Milwaukee crew will probably head out around 6-6:30 a.m. Traffic into Chicagoland will be a bitch. Don't know what time that puts us into Indy - depends on the route. You guys are an hour ahead of us. I'd say 1-2 p.m. Eastern we might be in Indy, depending.

OK, Chi-town folks, what is the best route, with both the Ryan/Skyway and 80/94 hosed heading for Indiana?
Is I-57 really the way to go? Southbound to catch US 24 east to I-65? Any other thoughts/ideas?

I didn't have too many problems when I went to Mid-Ohio... but then again, I was on the Ryan/Skyway at 2:15 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and came back through Sunday morning (from Toledo) around 9 a.m...
There are so many ways to get down there, I'm not sure which is best.
I may just try 80/94 to 65 and if I hear it is backed up on the radio then maybe I will shoot down 394 and take 30 over to 65. 57 is a decent road if you dont take it to far down going SW.

<<<<< oh and #1000 :)

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
830 doesnt matter, just figured that everyone drives like me and i can get over the border in under 2 hours!!!! you could take 53 if that worked for you, then you could take 53 to 159th and come east instead of west... but that might add some time.. what ever works for you would be great.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
are you driving down with us Gary? or comming later? and you got a PM..
Unfortunatley I am leaving here on Thursday morning. I just threw a thread in the midwest to see if anyone else is leaving late. I also need to see if the are any cancelations so I can stay in the host hotel. No biggie though.
Are you guys going to the drags on Thursday? You all may still be there when I arrrive mid afternoon.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Coop43 said:
Unfortunatley I am leaving here on Thursday morning. I just threw a thread in the midwest to see if anyone else is leaving late. I also need to see if the are any cancelations so I can stay in the host hotel. No biggie though.
Are you guys going to the drags on Thursday? You all may still be there when I arrrive mid afternoon.
dunno whats going on, or where I'll be... but Paul is still looking for a third in our room... and i think he's leaving friday too...

·
Mostly Harmless
6,770 Posts
I have to check if I have a double... if I do, that'd be an option for you (and I can save up for my CV8-R wheels, sigh :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
dunno whats going on, or where I'll be... but Paul is still looking for a third in our room... and i think he's leaving friday too...
I replied to that post but I wasnt that serious because I didnt want to take a room from someone who could possiblly not get anything. Whats the bed set-up in the room?

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I dont know, Paul is the master-mind behind the room acomidations... for all I know we could be in a broom closet as easy as we could be in the penthouse suite.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
04redgto said:
We have a TRADITIONAL NON QUEEN DOUBLE, Im guesing thats 2 beds?? and yes I'm leaving friday most likely around 8 or 9pm.
A double bed is smaller than a queen in length and width- its like a really extra wide twin. Most of you who are under 6' probably have never really noticed the difference between a queen and a double since your feet dont hang off.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts