LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Project AIRWOLF has started!
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated that the stock wheels were not chrome - or polished. Silver just wasnt cutten it - especially with a 11 second car!

I love the new look - what a difference!

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
Look real good mark. They make the car look way better than the silver. They look real good on red to Thats the first time i seen them on red.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Best looking rims for the goat yet.Nothing beats the chrome 17's.Looks great and lets you use a tire with an actual sidewall.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
06BLKSAP said:
Aren't you afraid of chrome peel or whatever damage may occur from salt this winter?

afraid of that NO.... the car is almost already for the winter sleep - till april that is. Car will NEVER see salt.. and will NEVER see rain for that matter..

car is only for nice sunny days - believe me - the way the chrome was applied, I have little fears of it peeling.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
Which company did the chrome job ? I'm thinking about the heresy of chroming my factory 18s. Yours look super, congrats !

·
Good-bye GTO...HELLO CORVETTE
515 Posts
wango-z-tango said:
Which company did the chrome job ? I'm thinking about the heresy of chroming my factory 18s. Yours look super, congrats !
+1 I was also wondering where you got them done.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
You could get chrome 17's as an option :stickpoke

·
Registered
233 Posts
wango-z-tango said:
+1 Where did you get them done and how much did it run.
They look outstanding.

·
99% Stock
4,968 Posts
Did hyou chrome the lugnut caps too?

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lug nuts do not have caps - they are chrome lugs.

I bought the wheels from a fellow GTO owner in Ohio. CalChrome.com does the chroming and will do so for around 900 shipped.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like em too!!! Just get metric locking chrome nuts and don't mess with the lug caps. Will look great and will be much harder for the crooks to remove. I bought my GTO new with the chrome wheels.....and it is a DEALER option. I've never seen chrome 18's...that is what I would like to see.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts