LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Is that FWD?
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was minding my business on the way to work today when a 300c pulls up next to me. Wouldn't you know we are the 1st two cars at the light. He puts down his window and says, "that thing got a hemi?". The light turns green and we are off hard, both spinning and squeeling, but I gain about 2 car lenghts on him before we hit 65, then we had to shut down due to traffic ahead. He pulls up next to me again and says, "well, that ain't a hemi".
We both grined and continued on our way to work, I love this car :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i dont like the 300c. they look too much like a poor mans bentley or rolls royce.

and i thought that the 300c were pretty quick. i remember reading in another thread that they can run a consistantly low 14.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
nikivee said:
Cool. The 300C is a nice looking car, but even with a Hemi it's no match for the GTO.
I agree - it'll be a much better run if you get the chance to line up against the SRT-8 version of the 300. That thing is gonna be one sweet ride :)

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
... they look too much like a poor mans bentley or rolls royce...
I alway think gangster mobile. I'd like to see one blacked out, no chrome, lowered with airbags and chopped about 4 inches. True old style gangster... :secret:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I've seen a few of them "ghetto'd" out already. Filling up the beater Oldsmoboat last night, One with 40" rims with enough chrome to be able to be considered a mirror, 24k gold grill, LImo black tinting on a black car, and looked to be lowered pulled in.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Its a sharp looking car if your into that image. Motor is stout and i wouldn't mind running one for fun.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Just pure Vette power that your faux Hemi is architecturally similar too.

People see that it's a Hemi and drop their pants for it, so Chrysler's marketing department has done a good job, but it's not a true hemispherical combustion chamber, hence, it's not a TRUE Hemi.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Just pure Vette power that your faux Hemi is architecturally similar too.

People see that it's a Hemi and drop their pants for it, so Chrysler's marketing department has done a good job, but it's not a true hemispherical combustion chamber, hence, it's not a TRUE Hemi.
someone said that it has a wedge shaped combustion chamber and we should call them "wedgies" :p

"that thing got a wedgie?"

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Actually, Chrysler (well, Dodge) also had a "Wedge" motor too!

·
Registered
193 Posts
383 Wedge. I think there was a 440 Wedge as well.

GranTurismoOmologato

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Before buying my GTO, I test drove the 300C. Very nice car. The only 300C on the lot. It sure didn't feel fast, though. I had the sales guy and my wife in the car. Lots of room. While we were out tearing it up (the sales guy was pretty cool about letting me stomp on it), he gets a call and tells me that I have to slow down and take it back to the dealership. Some woman had called the dealership and had bought it, full price, sight unseen. When we returned the engine was hot and smelled pretty bad. :p Of course, I ended up with the GTO in the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts