LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using to clean and protect the dash? Is the dash leather? I dont want it shiney but I want to protect it from the south carolina sun.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I just use a dash duster or a damp cloth.

I used to use Armor All (or equivalent) all the time, but I found that it attracted more dust and I honestly couldn't say it made much of a difference protection wise. Our dashes aren't like the beautiful vinyl ones of the 70's!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
When I use Armor All on the dash it leaves such a shine and reflection on the windshield that I cant see when I'm pulling in to parking spaces. I just wipe the dust off the dash with a rag.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i use armor all... they say that it protects it so i use it... try to prevent the fading as much as i can... i also use Zainos on the leather... it has uv protection in it too

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
When I use Armor All on the dash it leaves such a shine and reflection on the windshield that I cant see when I'm pulling in to parking spaces. I just wipe the dust off the dash with a rag.
Yeah, I've had the same experience. Too much shine on the dash causes too much refelection on the windshield. Simple dusting and touch up with a damp cloth.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I use the Meguiars stuff or NuVinyl

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Amorall had low shine armour all specifically to limit the shine issue but I don't think its around anymore. Maybe their leather care products. I use Meguiars
http://meguiars.com/ on my baby.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use a special dusting cloth that I picked up somewhere... It works really well; you just have to "snap" the dust out of it occasionally.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!! I have been simply wiping it down with a damp cloth and dusting with a duster. I have used maguires leather lotion on the seats and doors and it works well so I guess I'm doing things right

·
Registered
86 Posts
ARMOR ALL (interior) protectant wipes, it leaves it shiny but not too shiny and not greasy at all. (the ones in the yellow container)

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Alex said:
ARMOR ALL (interior) protectant wipes, it leaves it shiny but not too shiny and not greasy at all. (the ones in the yellow container)
Guys, Go to the CAR Motorsports website, www.carmotorsports.com, and click on "Car Care". There you will become familiar with Optimum Protectant for Leather and Vinyl. It provides all the UVA and UVB without the extreme shiny appearance. Far and away the best we know of, that is why we sell it. Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts