LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice here...

I applied Mother's Back to Black on my front license plater holder, lower grille, and all external rubber trim yesterday. I wasn't super precise with it, to say the least. It made a big mess.

How do you clean up after this stuff? Mother's website recommends regular glass cleaner for the windows (so I will use my Stoner's there) and then to use cleaner wax or polish on the paint...Is this the only way? Washing the car...did not help. At all.

Thanks in advance.

·
Missing my T-Tops
224 Posts
I've been using back to black on the Door window Trim since it seems to water spot real bad after the car is washed. anyway, I just use a little Quick detailer when I drip on the paint or window. I usually use meguiar's but "The Wax Shop" Stuff I just bought works too.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1969 SS said:
why even ask? you tried one thing and it didn't work. they suggest a REALLY simple solution. when that doesn't work, then I would ask questions

BTW...how did the product work?
Why ask? Because maybe somebody with experience has a simpler or more efficient solution.

I bought some Meguiar's cleaner wax last night that I will use tonight (I had to take my motorcycle apart last night)...

This morning before coming in I used my Stoner's on the windows and while it helped I wasn't 100% successful. Mother's forum recommended their chrome polish for the windows so I will give that a shot as well and see what happens.

As far as how the B2B worked, it did what it said it would. I had a great deal of wax residue on my front license plate holder, front lower grille, and also on the bumps at the rear edge of the hood right in front of the wiper blades...It is all mostly gone with one application of the B2B.

·
12,533 Posts
phobos512 said:
As far as how the B2B worked, it did what it said it would. I had a great deal of wax residue on my front license plate holder, front lower grille, and also on the bumps at the rear edge of the hood right in front of the wiper blades...It is all mostly gone with one application of the B2B.
Peanut oil will remove wax from plastic trim. It's cheaper than B2B and it won't stain anything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quick detailer will get it off any over spray + elbow grease. I really like the way trim looks after using it though.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I tried the chrome polish on the windows this evening...Worked BEAUTIFULLY. My windows are as smooth as...well...glass. :) And the Back to Black is off the windows too.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
phobos512 said:
Looking for some advice here...

I applied Mother's Back to Black on my front license plater holder, lower grille, and all external rubber trim yesterday. I wasn't super precise with it, to say the least. It made a big mess.

How do you clean up after this stuff? Mother's website recommends regular glass cleaner for the windows (so I will use my Stoner's there) and then to use cleaner wax or polish on the paint...Is this the only way? Washing the car...did not help. At all.

Thanks in advance.
how is it looking now? how long does it stay on .

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
I've found that Back to Black works great, but eventually wears off still leaving the waxy residue that was previously there.

·
Keepin' JW in biz since 02'!
966 Posts
I love back to black. I haven't experienced the same problem you have. If I get it on the paint the detail spray gets it off easily. Washing the car well will definitly remove back to black. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts