LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I absolutely HATE cleaning these wheels. But alas I won't be replacing them any time soon, so...

What products / tools / procedures are you guys using to clean these things?
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
Huntress said:
Yes I absolutely HATE cleaning these wheels. But alas I won't be replacing them any time soon, so...

What products / tools / procedures are you guys using to clean these things?

I hate it soo much I hardly ever clean them.....I wash the car every week though. I am planning on gettting a little brush that will go in between the crevices.
 

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dbluegoat said:
I hate it soo much I hardly ever clean them.....I wash the car every week though. I am planning on gettting a little brush that will go in between the crevices.
Heck even a toothbrush wasn't good enough. I'm thinking this might just be product related, but left my question above open ended, cuz it could be a combo of things.
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
I use one of the wheel cleaner products that claim "spray on - hose off". Then I cheat. I go to one of the self wash places with High presure washers and have at it. $1.50 for 4 minutes of blast. I spray them with the wheel cleaner, hit them with the soap and rinse. They come out pretty good. The preasure washer does a deceint job in the little angles and inside the wheel.
 

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sxty8goats said:
I use one of the wheel cleaner products that claim "spray on - hose off". Then I cheat. I go to one of the self wash places with High presure washers and have at it. $1.50 for 4 minutes of blast. I spray them with the wheel cleaner, hit them with the soap and rinse. They come out pretty good. The preasure washer does a deceint job in the little angles and inside the wheel.
I love cheating :D
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
i use a good wheel brush and wheel cleaning. i spray, scrub, rinse. if they are still dirty i do it again. the second time usually does that trick.

trust me when i say that we have it easy compared to cleaning the "honeycomb" style rims that were on my GTP. those things were aweful to clean. so aweful that i just got 18" rims. much easier to clean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Huntress, spray wheel cleaner at the pressure wash. Gets all that brake dust and what ever out. It works pretty good. Any major brand will do.. Then a wheel clean kit for the small detail. I don't get to into it unless going to a show and shine... Cos
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
1400 psi

I purchased a power 1400 psi power washer from Home Depot. It was on sale for about 70 dollars. This is what I use to get the grime off the wheels and the undercarriage of all the cars. It is worth every penny.



Then I use Armor All.

 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top