LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to send out a big Thanks to radkon and all the others at the get together tonight. It was great to be able to put a face to the names on the boards. The hospitality was much appreciated, and look forward to doing it again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
8 goats by my count, 3 blue, 2 red, 2 black and the yellow. I think we may have woken a couple people up when we all hauled out at the end. :burnout:

·
Registered
235 Posts
ghqman said:
8 goats by my count, 3 blue, 2 red, 2 black and the yellow. I think we may have woken a couple people up when we all hauled out at the end. :burnout:
I can't believe I was going to be the only silver Goat on that picture. I'm so sad that I didn't go, but I have been working 12s all week. BTW it's 12:05am and I'm still at work.

We should cruise around the Warehouse District and the Flats on a Saturday night!!!

Gianni

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sure wish I could have been there :( Sounds like you guys had a great time! I was hoping someone had the energy to drive down (ooops) 71~ Maybe some other time! Hopefully a weekend, that way I could attend!

P.S. Off the subject, but as of the 1st of the New Year, no more required front license plates!!! :)

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Thanks for coming out!

Guys just wanted to thank everyone for coming out. We had 8 Goats and GHqman is correct (3 blue, 2 red, 2 black and my yellow) I think we had 14 people total. I'm working on the list and I will PM it to all who attended.

FYI for our next meet we're thinking Friday night test and tune at Dragway 42 (http://www.dragway42.com) maybe the 2nd Fri in October.

Cindie, I tried to get the guys to cruise out there but after a few beers everyone was a little gun shy. We all figured that no one would be able to stay under the speed limit so we'd just be asking for trouble. Sorry.

Great news about the front plate, we talked about it last night but I haven't heard anything official. Where'd you hear about it?

Attached are two shaky pics it was dark by the time everyone got there.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
It was really great to see all the faces and cars. Sorry for scaring your wife.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
mistermike said:
Sorry for scaring your wife.
:gr_jest:

She demands a test drive in an auto next time we get together. I may need to start saving for her's soon.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
That would be sweet to have both. One for the strip, one for the road course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
P.S. Off the subject, but as of the 1st of the New Year, no more required front license plates!!!
Where did you hear this? Is it true? Man that would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good turn out. I had something going on, and could not swing it. But I did drive threw real quick, just to see if you guys got together, but really couldn't stop. When I went threw, there were 5 or 6 cars there.

Few things I noticed. The yellow car at Broadview and Snow, was not there, and is another one around. I believe it is the manager of the Wendy's there.

The other was, how are you guys getting away without the front plate ??

Last, how many of you guys have changed your exhausts and what are they ?
Any Corsa ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Had a great time at the meet and looking forward to getting together again.
Cindie, sure hope the info on loosing the front plate is accurate. That was one of our discussions we had last night.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Wayne said:
Few things I noticed. The yellow car at Broadview and Snow, was not there, and is another one around. I believe it is the manager of the Wendy's there.
(I've got the yeller one and I don't work at Wendy's)
Wayne said:
The other was, how are you guys getting away without the front plate ??
Luck I suppose. :)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Big thanks to Radkon for putting this together. It was a great time to say the least.

Playing in traffic with a school of goats on the way out makes the high light reel :hail:

We gotta do this again sometime.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Here are some videos I shot (all short and sweet)

Here are links to Jcast's SLP Loudmouth videos.

152 KB low res
Low Quality

7.3 MB high res.
High Quality

Adam4356's Stainless works exhaust videos.

199 KB low res
Low Quality

8.0 MB high res.
High Quality

A quick video of the get together
2.9 MB
Low Quality

Please right click and save to help my bandwidth! ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts