LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Interesting...blue gauges with white stitching on the leather...

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
The stitching kinda looks blueish to me... but then again I am colorblind :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
You know, why is it that there are 3 count em 3 threads this morning with the pictures from UCP.com? Couldn't we have just posted them all in one thread? Would've made much more sense.

As far as the gauges, you can want them all you want. No one is selling anything like them [yet]. Would be interesting though if Arrowhead ever gets their gauge pod up for sale if we could just order the OE gauges from GM parts (or Holden parts, whatever) and stick em in, assuming the wiring provisions are there.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, the URL for all the pics IS posted in one thread in the international section. Im guilty of reposting selective pics to their relevent threads. It may be morning for you but its 1am here and it seemed to make perfect sence.

Adam

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
White Rider said:
Heh, the URL for all the pics IS posted in one thread in the international section. Im guilty of reposting selective pics to their relevent threads. It may be morning for you but its 1am here and it seemed to make perfect sence.

Adam
"Welcome to Cafe 80s. Where it's always morning in America. Even in the after noo noo noon."

Name that quote. :)

Back to the Future 2 with Max Headroom. :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The stitching looks white to me also.
Havent decided wether the piano black or brushed aluminum trim looks better. (maybe black if the steering wheel matched)
Gauges might be angled the wrong way for left hand drive???
Also what are the one long and one small button to the left of the radio??? (maybe the one is a reflection :rolleyes: )
Gauges are an excellent touch though....and include the missing volt meter and oil gauge that ppl are wanting.
Although they would look much better if the black trim didnt split them and the air vents as the '04's does. Seems to block the gauges at the bottom. Just my stupid pickiness.

·
23 psi
510 Posts
The one button is a cup holder. The small one...I don't know...maybe heated seats? In australia?? I don't know...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Back to the Future 2 with Max Headroom.

I want these too!!!

I also like that wood like trim piece. :D

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jbls1gto said:
The one button is a cup holder. The small one...I don't know...maybe heated seats? In australia?? I don't know...
This picture (of a 2004 Vaxhaull Monaro, that'd be the UK version) shows the cupholders a little better. The 'big button" is the cup holder itself, and the little button is actually a reflection on the high gloss piano black dash surround, not a button. You can see that in the picture below there is no button below the cupholders (easily seen due to the different trim).

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
Gauges might be angled the wrong way for left hand drive??? [/QUOTE said:
The Gague pod doesn't look angled at all like the 04s. To me it looks straight.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
B/STOCK said:
Gauges might be angled the wrong way for left hand drive??? [/QUOTE said:
The Gague pod doesn't look angled at all like the 04s. To me it looks straight.
The gauge pod on the 04 was only subtly angled and wasn't all that evident in the pics that I saw. I'm sure that is again the case here.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Arrrggggg....I want that digital HVAC headunit!!! It looks soo much more "sophisticated" and matches the console/stereo sooo much better.

Damn you PONTIAC!!!

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Not just the digital HVAC unit but also the cool retractable cup holders. Boy did we miss out.

I may just end up ordering this gauge pod anyway. It does not look that much angled to the right. I could live with that. I bet you can still read it fairly well. It doesn't look like Pontiac will be offering us a GTO version anytime soon. And Arrowhead performance seems like they fell off the edge of the earth and we haven't heard anything from them on their version of the gauge.

Look to Ostralya my friends. The answer lies in the land down under. That is where I found my answer for my short throw shifter, my side panel badges, my dead pedal, and as it turns out, my oil and voltmeter gauges too.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
desertgoat said:
Not just the digital HVAC unit but also the cool retractable cup holders. Boy did we miss out.

I may just end up ordering this gauge pod anyway. It does not look that much angled to the right. I could live with that. I bet you can still read it fairly well. It doesn't look like Pontiac will be offering us a GTO version anytime soon. And Arrowhead performance seems like they fell off the edge of the earth and we haven't heard anything from them on their version of the gauge.

Look to Ostralya my friends. The answer lies in the land down under. That is where I found my answer for my short throw shifter, my side panel badges, my dead pedal, and as it turns out, my oil and voltmeter gauges too.
The gauge pod won't fit in our LHD car as the whole console is subtly angled for an RHD car. That's why the gauge pod itself doesn't look angled that much. Mr. DY tried this months ago and found this out.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
but (and theres always a but) order the actual guages from down under to get the color match, and then when the pod is made (on the assumption that every oter guage u can bu as long as the diameter is correct will fit pretty much any pod) just drop in your exact matching gauges....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts