LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work made me a mix of some kickass Godsmack songs, so after work tonight, I decided to go for a little spin and scroll through the cd. Heading down the road in the right lane I get passed by a new all black Mercedes. I thought to myself, "Huh, those AMG tailpipes?". Pulled up behind him at the light, sure enough, it's a new CLS55.
Light goes green and I kind of hung back a little bit to keep some distance between us. When the 2 cars infront of him signaled and began to slow down to get into the left turnlane...I jumped over in the right lane and shot by him. Looked into my rearview and I see his lights coming up quick....then we hit a stoplight with me at the line and him right behind me.
I knew I was gonna get my ass handed to me, but I just wanted to see how good I'd do. So I wait for green and when it goes, so do I. I'm off hard and until around 105 or so, I was doin pretty good.....until he reeled me in like nobody's business. I still kept my foot into it until (not going to post the speed limit) and he just toyed with me, laying off the gas and then hammering it whenever I got close. Exchanged waves when we both slowed down....badass lookin and performing car. That guy definitely got a thumbs up from yours truly. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
469HP/516ft-lbs @ 4050lbs of weight ... yea, these things can do some damage.

There is also a CLS63 making 507HP ... these Benz's can freaking fly. Unfortunately, their quality control has plummeted to the bottom of the barrel in the past decade, but supposedly it's come up a little.

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SocoSpice said:
I gotta know where this was? Out by your place?
Headed up 30, before 141.

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
8ball said:
469HP/516ft-lbs @ 4050lbs of weight ... yea, these things can do some damage.

There is also a CLS63 making 507HP ... these Benz's can freaking fly. Unfortunately, their quality control has plummeted to the bottom of the barrel in the past decade, but supposedly it's come up a little.
Seems like if you added exhaust, intake, headers, tune it should have been really close. Didn't see you sig, you have any mods or are you stock? I'm surprised that car only weighs that much more, I would figure 500 lbs more.

·
I ♥ ( @ )Y( @ )
1,666 Posts
Nice death. So from what you are saying, if I'm running a CLS55 AMG, I should end the race at around 100MPH? That works for me! :D

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
ANY AMG Car is a force to be reckoned with. There was a guy at Byron last Sunday with his CLS55 AMG who's not been to any sort of racetrack in 43 years and for the first time ticked off a 12.6 in the 1320'! He ran a couple more times and ran a 12.5 and another 12.6 so, talk about consistant!

·
2006 Spice Red GTO
180 Posts
I kinda figured it was 30. Where else can you get fairly straight roads with no traffic and no stoplights for miles.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
barkingspud said:
ANY AMG Car is a force to be reckoned with. There was a guy at Byron last Sunday with his CLS55 AMG who's not been to any sort of racetrack in 43 years and for the first time ticked off a 12.6 in the 1320'! He ran a couple more times and ran a 12.5 and another 12.6 so, talk about consistant!
wow! thats nice!! do you recall the traps on that? Im just curious how id fare if I had 100 octane in the tank.

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
wow! thats nice!! do you recall the traps on that? Im just curious how id fare if I had 100 octane in the tank.
Don't know the traps. I think around 112-114 but not positive......

·
Back at it again.....
948 Posts
My dream car! 612HP Twin Turbo, can you say SWEET!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts