LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm Mike, vice president from Connecticut Club Grand Prix local chapter.

from another post i made, quoted to save myself some typing!
i am soon to be giving up my grand prix for a GTO. Our club is focused around performance modifications, but we also do a number a charity shows each year. My fastest 1/4 time was a 13.337/108.80mph using a perf. cam, headers, ported s/c and throttlebody, computer, and a few other things including nitrous, but it was not used in the previously mentined run, and the fastest car in our club runs a 12.637 / 109.72mph, who uses Intense heads & transmission, and a ZZP intercooler.

I plan to get a M6, either yellow or impulse blue. There is a local dealer that is receiving 8, 6 sticks and 2 autos, and i'm meeting with a salesperson this week to reserve one.

So, you old GP'ers and others..plan on modding out your new GTO's, to get them faster than the Grand Prix? or leaving them alone..!!

I'm planning on leaving my GTO alone, because its just soo beautiful as it sits! But, you never know, i might get the bug somewhere down the road. I'll probably add a K&N drop in filter though, as soon as i get it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 98 GTP. I doubt I will mod my GTO, but the only mods I did to my GTP were cosmetic. The stock GTO will have more than enough power for me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a '99 GTP and I'm a member of MACGP. My best time in the GTP was 13.99. I've got an Impulse Blue M6 on order. I don't plan on doing too much with it but then I wasn't planning on doing too much to the GTP either. I've got CAI, rockers, Borla, down-pipe, 12" brake upgrade, coils, pulley, sway bar, yada yada yada so plans may certainly change. :D

Shawn

·
Registered
294 Posts
I made a few mods, I had one of the first 1999 models with the new coolant tank, so mine was a test mule so to speak!

I have hung out with the Indy GTP guys and did a custom airbox, pulley swap, strut bar and MAF changes, but I didn't go to the extremes of water, NOS or headers.

The GTO will get a custom intake, and other easy mods as I learn the car.

my dealer gets 1 preorder, and he gave it to me without any $ down! He has worked with me on the GTP mods, and is good to understand what they will effect in terms of warranty work.

The GTO is like waiting for my GTP, no test drive, had never seen the color-just knew I wanted one and ordered it!

Pontiac is in the blood!

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
I wish....

We just bought a new Suburban for the wife. Payments on two 35K vehicles is just not a doin' thing right now.

On the upside, The 2+2 is definitely getting painted in the spring!

Mods on the GT: SLP airbox, 7" cone, Buick STBs front and rear, police package rear sway bar, oil and voltmeter, vinyl inlays in front and rear bumper, meep-meep horn (just for fun). 108K miles.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Ain't nothing wrong with a Suburban though either. :D

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Ain't nothing wrong with a Suburban though either. :D
We had a 97 Tahoe and, I gotta tell you, I am really impressed with this new 327. You guys are gonna love this engine in its 350 version in a car!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hey, I had a 97 Tahoe also. :)

I think some here who don't have an LS1 now are gonna need a change in undies after their first drive. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Now that's just what my wife wanted to hear (maybe I'll get to drive the GTO more:) )

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
topdownloGTO said:
Now that's just what my wife wanted to hear (maybe I'll get to drive the GTO more:) )
You know if she doesn't like I will be willing to take it off your hands.

Of course, it will be a used car then.....

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Do Depends maintain the containment of solids? :D

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
My parents are taking the GP if we dont get enough money for a teade in, and i am getting the GTO. I have the same user name as i do on Club GP Red Devil, and i am a member of Mass Club GP

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 97 GTP. I love it. Especially the whine of the blower. I always wanted a RWD GTP. That is why I like the front styling of the new GTO so much. It looks like a GTP on Steroids. So hopefully I will be able to order a GTO in a few months. :)

·
cave dweller
7,278 Posts
I've got a 98 GP GT that has been a great car. The dealership tried to steal it when I considered using it for a trade in. I told 'em screw it, I'd rather give it to my g/f than to give it to them. So, my g/f is going to sell her crappy old Cavalier and buy the GP cheap. It's still a beautiful car that runs flawlessly, I'll sort of miss it, but I think I'll love my new GTO more. Not going crazy on the GTO mods at first, but I do have SLP headers with cats, and cat back exhaust ordered, plus a CAI and Predator. Just enough so a stock GTO can't take me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've got an '02 GTP to accompany the GTO -
just the basic mods on the GTP - pulley, exhuast, PCM, intake, hood, rims

the GTO is currently stock

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Way to use the search function!!! WOOHOO! ;)
Seriously though, I may be looking for a GTP in the next year or so to use as a winter beater...

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
I traded in a 2000 daytona pace car with a 3.4 pulley and msp cai it went 13.90 at 99mph and 1.90 60 ft on the stock rsa's. i love my gto it is awesome can't wait to take it to the strip and see what she will do. I have been to the dyno and stock it
dynoed at 304rwhp and 326.9 rwtq not bad for and a4. Let the mod's begin.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts