·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any dot4 should work. i have the "magic" super dot4 they were talking about in that thread. i paid $8plus for it at the dealer about 5 months ago.
i'll look at walmart tomorrow for the prestone dot4 and the syringe.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I do that about once a month.... have been since the slave replacement. it works very well in keeping a consistant pedal pressure.

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
great here I am having clutch issues (sticky pedal) and the dealership keeps asking me "well since its under "spirited" driving do you really want to bring it up?"

I guess they are doubting GM would stand behind it? I don't know.. If they decide not to do anything about it, I guess I can always try this and see if that helps out..

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
I do this at least once a month, but I use a Turkey Baster to suck out the fluid. to cheap to buy the proper tools to flush the system..

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Ha, they stole my idea. I started doing the suck and fill with a syringe a few months ago, and it works. FL humidity, abuse, and assembly crap no longer a worry. 30cc syringe will pull it dry in one shot. At first I did it every couple of days, until the fluid remained clear. Now I do it after a hard nights work and the clutch is super consistent.
The Prestone DOT4 is super cheap and working well in mine.

·
.. .. .. ..
1,025 Posts
Great info! I'm picking up some Prestone DOT4 and a syringe tomorrow!

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i went to walmart yesterday night and picked 6 bottles of the Prestone DOT4 brake fluid ($2.36 each) and the Mixmizer Syringe ($2.96) :thumbs:

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
walmart here I come..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great Idea!

1. Protect your paint when working with brake/clutch fluid!

2. Don’t use fluid that has been opened and sitting on your shelf for awhile; it absorbs moisture. I’m assuming DOT4 is susceptible to this like the older stuff. I don’t know how long is “too long”, so I tend to buy a new bottle whenever I’m in doubt. Please comment if you have additional info.

·
2005 GTO Owner
746 Posts
Earlier this year I did this with Prestone DOT4 Synth and just gravity bleed the system.Very easy to do,crack the bleeder and make sure the resevoir is kept full.Went through maybe a half bottle,fluid is still clear today.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts