LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well recently, I was driving around town and just enjoying a cruise when my clutch was starting to lose pressure. When I finally got home, it felt as if my clutch wasn’t even there anymore and I was locked out of gears. I have a tick performance master cylinder with a speed bleeder line which I used to change the fluid. One thing I noticed was at the end of the line right before the opening for the bleeder, it seems as if it was leaking fluid. Every time I pumped the clutch, it seems as if the lines were clogged, and the reservoir stayed full. My question is, is that normal on a tick master cylinder, or is it a leak? Could it be my master or slave cylinder going bad? Or do I need a mightyvac system to rid the lines of air? Sorry for the long post but I am baffled at the moment and unsure of what to do. Anything helps.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Your post wanders, and isn't really clear (how can you have a leak yet lose no fluid in the reservoir?).

A) You either have a leak and your fluid level should drop over time.
B) The seals are shot in either the master cylinder or slave, letting the fluid go around the internal seals and not pressurize normally.

I dont know how you would air in the system unless you either had an open place to suck in air (your bleeder, or any lose connection), or if you let the reservoir run dry and then added fluid at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad if I was not clear, I am kind of new to this. Anyways, I have a speed bleeder from tick, and when doing a clutch bleed, a little bit of liquid was coming out from where the braided line closes in on the screw for the bleeder. I had a friend pumping the clutch and little to no liquid was coming down from the reservoir, yet a little was coming out from the line. Should I get a new line, or try maybe try a mightyvac system?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Far fetched idea here, but maybe you cooked your pressure plate and the fingers are seized. When you press the clutch pedal the fluid is escaping from the path of least resistance.
I'm guessing that the Tick master cylinder was not adjusted correctly and the clutch was slipping. Or your casual drive was too much power for your clutch and caused it to slip and get really hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts