LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought the car home from TSP today and noticed a small problem. I had them go ahead and install a different clutch while everything was apart for the 402. They installed a Ram HD stage 4 and it has been shimmed as Rams instructions and specs. The problem is now its tuff going into gears and almost next to impossible to get into reverse? I got in once or twice today and it didn't matter if I tried putting it in 1st first then go reverse, nothing! I called Jason there and he is looking into it, but I thought I would see what some people on here thought also. I will call him back first thing in the morning, but what do you guys think the problem is? Could it be the shim or something with the clutch itself?

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
Nemisis said:
Just brought the car home from TSP today and noticed a small problem. I had them go ahead and install a different clutch while everything was apart for the 402. They installed a Ram HD stage 4 and it has been shimmed as Rams instructions and specs. The problem is now its tuff going into gears and almost next to impossible to get into reverse? I got in once or twice today and it didn't matter if I tried putting it in 1st first then go reverse, nothing! I called Jason there and he is looking into it, but I thought I would see what some people on here thought also. I will call him back first thing in the morning, but what do you guys think the problem is? Could it be the shim or something with the clutch itself?

I don't know if this will help you or not because I had a spec stage 2+ and I had a ton of issues with going into reverse grinding and the pedal was grabbing at the floor.. When I had the clutch pulled out to be replaced with the LS7 we found out the spacer that was suppose to be in there was not.

·
All Show and a l'il go!
3,482 Posts
LS2BlueGoat said:
I don't know if this will help you or not because I had a spec stage 2+ and I had a ton of issues with going into reverse grinding and the pedal was grabbing at the floor.. When I had the clutch pulled out to be replaced with the LS7 we found out the spacer that was suppose to be in there was not.

I had similar problem i a 200 Camaro SS made an adjustable master cylinder problem solved.

·
Administrator
9,525 Posts
It's either a mechanical problem with the clutch itself or something with the hydraulic system. How does the pedal feel, does it have good pressure and the right amount of freeplay?

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
ya, bleeding the hydraulics is a pain. where does it grab?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It grabs fine and there's good pedal pressure, this morning I got in the car and it went into reverse every time with no probs? Jason at TSP said that without the spacer it wasn't working very well at all and told me with the spacer was a lot better than before. I'm going to call him shortly and see what he says.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
if you read mine, i had a high engagement with zero free travel from the get-go after install and slippage after only 2k miles. i took the spacer OUT and now it grabs, shifts and engages perfect. sounds like there is a tolerance issue there somewhere. i'd try another clucth bleed on yours tho...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts