LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Oops. It went bad. It worked great while it lasted, but it lasted for less than 20k
I've had mine in for almost 40K miles, the last 3K have been with 610HP at the tires... Still solid, still going strong!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had an LS7 clutch in my car for 60k miles. It was still in good shape when I took it out. There's a good amount of material left on it. I replaced it with a Monster LT1-S twin disk (due to transmission needing a rebuild). It definitely holds better and the pedal is a lot lighter. I have the same issue with a rattling noise at low RPM in higher gears (4th gear and below 40 mph is 90% of the problem). I just keep it out of that range by upshifting later and downshifting earlier. I seldom hear it as a result.

The noise reminds me of the sound my 95 Trans Am would make when the skip shift activated. It's just vibration in the clutch assembly and was harmless there.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have a McLeod RST dual disk clutch in my '05 with 540 RWHP and it works great with no noise at all. I only have 2,000 miles on the new motor and clutch.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts